Recipe for Aioli Sauce  » Recipes  »
  • When I was living in the Caribbean I used to get what I thought were some of the best burgers and fries I've ever eaten from a small island restaurant and bar
  • This is the recipe I found, and after trying it I was immediately hooked
  • Now that I know what's in the secret sauce that I fell in love with I enjoy sharing the recipe with anyone who will listen
  • I think it's fabulous with fresh vegetables, and I also like to serve it with several seafood dishes that I make
  • If I were forced to get rid of all of the sauces and condiments in my kitchen except one, aioli sauce is definitely the one I would keep

• by Davis Tucker

I had been enjoying aioli sauce for about a year before I even knew what it was. When I was living in the Caribbean I used to get what I thought were some of the best burgers and fries I’ve ever eaten from a small island restaurant and bar. The burgers always came with a small mystery container of white sauce. It wasn’t ranch, sour cream or regular mayonnaise, and I really had no idea what it was. All I knew was that it was perfect for dipping the burger and fries in, and I was addicted to it. One time the restaurant forgot to put it in with my carry out order, but I didn’t notice until I

was already home. It took me ten minutes to walk back to the restaurant to get it, but to me it was worth every step to go back and get the sauce. I finally figured out what the sauce was when I was having a conversation about food with a French friend. He said it was an aioli sauce, which is basically a garlic mayonnaise. When I moved back to the states I really missed going to the restaurant that made my new favorite sauce, so I scoured the Internet for aioli recipes. This is the recipe I found, and after trying it I was immediately hooked. Now I always keep a small supply in my refrigerator.

Here ...

• are the ingredients:

1 cup mayonnaise 3 cloves garlic 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice 1/4 teaspoon salt

I chose this particular recipe because there were few ingredients involved, and the instructions seemed easy enough. In order to make it, first crush the garlic cloves with the flat side of a knife and remove the skins. Next, finely mince the garlic. Then add a dash of salt, and use the flat side of the knife again to scrape and press the garlic again against the cutting surface to make a smooth paste. After that, add the garlic to a bowl with the remaining ingredients and whisk. Finally, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

Now that I know what’s in the secret sauce that I

fell in love with I enjoy sharing the recipe with anyone who will listen. I still love having it with burgers and fries, but I’ve expanded my use of it, and now I serve it with a wide variety of foods. I think it’s fabulous with fresh vegetables, and I also like to serve it with several seafood dishes that I make. My family loves it with crab cakes. For such a simple little sauce I think it has a lot of potential, so I would definitely recommend it for anyone who loves dipping sauces with their food. If I were forced to get rid of all of the sauces and condiments in my kitchen except one, aioli sauce is definitely the one I would keep.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4927041472210130/k2311a0427/4.27.11