Appleblossom Flower Carpet Rose  » Other  »
  • However,some Flower Carpet varieties do better than others in less than ideal conditions,and the best of these is Appleblossom
  • Appleblossom,with two-inch diameter blossoms that are a truly lovely shell pink with petals streaked and swirled with darker pink,not only was reputed to thrive with only three to four hours of exposure to sunlight each day,but was recommended for container growing,so I thought I would take a chance with it
  • I have never seen any Appleblossoms growing in more sunny conditions,but I expect that any doing so would definitely be covered with blossoms during most of the growing season

• by aarddragon

Flower Carpet Roses are ground cover roses developed by Anthony Tesselaar. They are very disease-resistant,therefore they really do not require a program of spraying with fungicides to combat such rose afflictions as black spot and powdery mildew.

They also require no special pruning–just clip to shape in early spring.

Very hardy,they can endure cold winter temperatures as far north as zone 5,and will provide continuous bloom from spring to fall,even in partial shade.

However,some Flower

Carpet varieties do better than others in less than ideal conditions,and the best of these is Appleblossom.

I acquired my first Flower Carpet Rose,Appleblossom,in 1998.

I have always been a great rose enthusiast,but spent years trying to grow them on a partially shaded property with no success.

After a year or two,every rose that I tried would inevitably decline and die.

Even on my sunnier deck,on which I experimented with growing mini-roses in containers,the results ...

• were always the same.

Appleblossom,with two-inch diameter blossoms that are a truly lovely shell pink with petals streaked and swirled with darker pink,not only was reputed to thrive with only three to four hours of exposure to sunlight each day,but was recommended for container growing,so I thought I would take a chance with it.

Thirteen years later,my original plant is still going strong,and I have added at least a half-dozen more to my collection.

These

roses have never had even a touch of black spot or powdery mildew,and bloom reliably year after year.

I have never seen any Appleblossoms growing in more sunny conditions,but I expect that any doing so would definitely be covered with blossoms during most of the growing season.

The only thing that Appleblossom lacks is a strong perfume,but what scent it does have is pleasant,and it certainly is all that the Tesselaar company claims it to be.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1227041471831230/k2311a0427/4.27.11