Staples Glue Stick  » Other  »
1.0
  • But I know what they are made for and this is to stick things together, such as paper on paper and such
  • I also wouldn't say that this is the best brand of glue sticks out there, but when you are desperate and this is the only thing around, you have got to use it as there is nothing else around that can act as an adhesive to stick things together
  • So I went ahead and gave it a ago and this is my experience
  • But I think these comes in a pack of ten or something, so the value isn't bad
  • I would not recommend people use this at all or even give it a try

• by shanjucool

I wouldn’t say I am an avid glue stick user. I rarely need it for my projects, even school work. For some reason, I have not used glue sticks for a while. But I know what they are made for and this is to stick things together, such as paper on paper and such. I also wouldn’t say that this is the best brand of glue sticks out there, but when you are desperate and this is the only thing around, you have got to use it as there is nothing else around that can act as an adhesive to stick things together. I needed to stick some photo paper onto a cardboard and this was the only thing around. So I went ahead and gave it a ago and this is my experience.

This

is the solid type of glue stick that comes in a tube and one has to twist up the bottom to get access to the glue stick. It is pretty tiny in length, about the length and width of my index finger, so not very much product in the tube. But I think these comes in a pack of ten or something, so the value isn’t bad. They are obviously less expensive than the branded ones as these are store brand, but you are getting a lot more for your money, as in a few more tubes of glue than what you would have paid if you bought the branded ones. So in that sense, you are saving a bit more money.

But that doesn’t mean this glue is better or even the same quality as ...

• the branded ones. Actually, this is the worst glue stick I have ever used. It did not work at all when I tried to stick my photo paper onto the cardboard. It is not damaging to the photo paper thankfully, maybe due to being acid-free as the label mentions. But my paper and cardboard didn’t stick at all. It was as if I have done nothing to my paper but waste a bit of my time trying to get my job accomplished.

Also, even if you are getting more product for your money, this product isn’t really worth saving dollars over as even if this product does stick, it required a lot of product to do so. While my project didn’t work out, while working with normal paper on paper, I had to use quite

a lot of glue stick to get my papers to stuck to each other. The glue also seems to dry very quickly, in the tube and when applied. So unless you are quick with your hands or have a few extra hands working, then the glue might dry up before you are set to stick your papers together. This can get quite annoying and frustrating and so it is just not worth it to use this glue stick at all. It is more worth it is save some of your sanity and purchase the branded glue stick with a little extra money as this causes a lot of inconveniences and problems. I would not recommend people use this at all or even give it a try. It is a complete waste of time and patience, and of course, money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1227041471821230/k2311a0427/4.27.11