Crest Pro-Health Fluoride Toothpaste Clean Mint 7.8 oz  » Health  »
0.5
  • I have a long term irritation problem with the powerful mint flavors they use in toothpastes and the ridiculously strong formulas of some of the “professional” types
  • I decided to stick with it, since I paid full price for the paste– I thought I would at least use up half the tube before switching, since I already had opened it and couldn’t take it back
  • I don’t know if it is just me, or this happens to everyone, but I would not recommend this product based on my own experience

• by reviewabit

I have a long term irritation problem with the powerful mint flavors they use in toothpastes and the ridiculously strong formulas of some of the “professional” types. I have never had a problem using regular Crest, other than the strong mint– but when I tried this product, it was a nightmare. I thought since I was using the Pro Health non-alcohol mouthwash, that this product would be a good partner for it, and I assumed that if Crest recognized the harsh flavor problem with mouthwashes, they would surely not make this product as strong as some of the others.

Wrong! This is full-on nuclear power mint flavor, even stronger than

some of the others. That is just the beginning of the story.

I decided to stick with it, since I paid full price for the paste– I thought I would at least use up half the tube before switching, since I already had opened it and couldn’t take it back. The first time I used it I didn’t really have a problem, other than my mouth burning, but this was to be expected.

After using it a couple of days, two things started happening. After I brushed, my mouth would feel terribly dry.

It was mostly the skin on the inside part of my lips, and sometimes in the ...

• cheek area. I had some lozenges for dry mouth as this was a problem I had before, so I did not blame the toothpaste right away.

When it started to get worse instead of better, and was centered mostly around the inside of my lips, I became more suspicious of the paste as a cause. I also started having a problem with irritated, chapped lips.

Twice in the morning I had a tiny pimple like bump on the edge of my lips, and this was unusual for me. They were not cold sores, and they were not exactly like acne.

I just call them Pro Health bumps now!

Another

weird thing was that in the morning, I always had this strange filmish stuff hidden in the corners of my mouth. It was almost like a slippery piece of dead skin, and was really gross.

I pulled these strange things out of my mouth for a week before connecting the dots and changing to another toothpaste. As soon as I changed back to my regular brand, all these symptoms stopped– no more dry mouth, sore lips, or mouth film.

I will never use this paste again!

I don’t know if it is just me, or this happens to everyone, but I would not recommend this product based on my own experience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426041471590430/k2311a0426/4.26.11