Geo Cosmetic Contact Lenses  » Cosmetics  »
  • After much toying with colored lenses and in view of the narrow idea of altering my eye color, I thought I couldn’t possibly live my life wearing them every day
  • To describe that vain feeling, aside from changing the eye, I like that it changes the way I look at myself
  • It’s amazing how eyes can make a big impact in one’s overall appearance
  • Given that I’ve worn practically any type of contact lenses, I think the least remarkable attribute about these lenses is longevity
  • I found it to be effective for that purpose

• by jhunie

I went out of my limits and purchased cosmetic lenses for fun. My first pair came from Geo contact lenses. These contact lenses don’t serve any higher purpose other than cosmetically changing my eye color. I don’t have 20-20 vision and, therefore, wear corrective contact lenses to sharpen my vision. If I can wear clear lenses, then why not their colored counterparts?

Just an important caveat: I was warned not to wear cosmetic lenses because of my slight Astigmatism. For people in the same case, I’ll leave that to your discretion. Against medical advice, I wore non-corrective contact lenses, and thus far, it’s been okay. Neither do the lenses improve my vision, nor do they diminish my sight to the point that it’s making me blind. Just neutral. However, it took some time before my eyes could get accustomed to them. After much toying with colored lenses and in view of the narrow idea of altering my eye color, I thought I couldn’t possibly live my life wearing them every day. In essence, I’d

rather have better vision than colorful eyes.

But, the fact about colored lenses is they’re so much fun. To describe that vain feeling, aside from changing the eye, I like that it changes the way I look at myself. It’s amazing how eyes can make a big impact in one’s overall appearance. I first owned these Geo contact lenses in 2 colors, one in dark brown and the other in grey. I cannot provide the specific names of such colors, as I disposed their packaging. Of the 2, the brown shade was my favorite to date, while the grey I regretted buying. Buying cosmetic lenses need much consideration; you must know what you’re going for, if you want something natural and flattering or something bold. The brown contacts turned out to be a hit. The lenses have enough pigmentation to make my eyes pop, and I feel great when I’m wearing them. The shade is understated and doesn’t call too much attention. As for the grey color, I was thrilled at the start upon seeing ...

• how clear and lightly pigmented it was on the lens case.

Well it was an utter failure. The contacts appeared very opaque on my eyes. I compared it to a gray-eyed elderly suffering from cataracts. It was horrible.

Given that I’ve worn practically any type of contact lenses, I think the least remarkable attribute about these lenses is longevity. I guess they’re less permeable to oxygen or breathable, as they call it. My eyes can tolerate wearing them for a few hours only. I can wear the Geo lenses for a maximum period of 8 hours. Beyond that, the contacts begin to dry up. I have clear oxygen permeable lenses and my eyes can stand wearing them for 24 hours, even asleep. In terms of comfort, these cosmetic types actually wear the same way as clear lenses, provided they’re properly cleansed and maintained. For bold colors, you can actually see the pigments, and they somewhat obstruct your vision. If that’s the case, I wouldn’t wear them, because I deem the roughly rendered pigments are

scratching my eyes. They feel harder than clear lenses, but they get softer after repeated use.

The contacts I’ve experienced wearing were regular Geo lenses; another pair I had tested out was the MagicCircle. For this pair, my eyes had zero tolerance. I thought they were the largest lenses I’ve seen in my life, and explicably so, since they’re supposed to make eyes look bigger. It’s laden with tri-toned colors, so the pigments are amplified than the regular ones, and there’s a strong black pigment outlining its shape. I found it to be effective for that purpose; my eyes were transformed bigger. But they’re too big and don’t stay in place. My vision turned hazy and had, nevertheless, given up wearing them. To make sense of it all, the quality of Geo lenses is rather spotty – some are good and others aren’t. Although I cannot ignore that most of their products had made it possible for me to wear cosmetic lenses. For that, I’ll recommend. Others are selling it cheap at 12 dollars a pop.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125041471450630/k2311a0425/4.25.11