Blistex Medicated Lip Balm  » Cosmetics  »
  • Usually even a tub of petroleum jelly will do, but as I was on the go, I needed a more convenient way to take care of my lips
  • Due to my frequently chapped lips, I thought that this would be able to provide a more consistent and efficient relief than a non-medicated option
  • Although this is a more pricey choice than some other products of the same kind, I decided I would splurge, I was on vacation after all
  • The best aspect of this little tube of wonder came out a few days later
  • Although I am not sure if blistex had a hand in curing this issue over the next couple of days, I do know that it went away quicker than usual and did not become the usual crusty, yellowed mess

• by Agoobacha

On a recent trip, I purchased Blistex Medicated Lip Balm while bored at the airport. I am the kind of person that must always have chapstick at hand because my lips get extremely chapped at the slightest hint of dehydration or agitation. Usually even a tub of petroleum jelly will do, but as I was on the go, I needed a more convenient way to take care of my lips.

I chose to purchase Blistex mostly because it is a well-known brand name, but also because the promise of a lip balm that was medicated seemed intriguing. Due to my frequently chapped lips, I thought that this would be able to provide a more consistent and

efficient relief than a non-medicated option. Although this is a more pricey choice than some other products of the same kind, I decided I would splurge, I was on vacation after all.

Unlike some other products of this kind, Blistex is not a great smelling lip balm, in fact it smells kind of strange and sour, this may be due to whatever medicinal properties are in it, but it is still unpleasant. However, I was pleased to discover that the smell does not extend beyond the tube, once I applied the balm to my lips I could no longer detect a scent of any kind.

The product is actually fairly consistent with its advertisement. It does indeed ...

• feel great on chapped lips. There is a minty, tingly sensation immediately upon applying that makes lips feel refreshed and healthier. There is even an SPF component, which protects your lips from drying out in the sun, a nice addition if you are heading to a beach vacation.

The best aspect of this little tube of wonder came out a few days later. I discovered a cold sore beginning to come up on my lip. This was highly unfortunate, but also extremely unpleasant. My lip throbbed, itched, and hurt. Having nothing else and not wanting to spend much more money on a cold sore cream, which can run close to $20, I decided to

give my trusty medicated lip balm a shot. Obviously the “medicated” label does not really refer to cold sores, however I had nothing to lose. As soon as the blistex touched my lip, I felt relief. My cold sore, which had been aching all day still felt unpleasant, but the sting was taken away on contact. The cooling sensation did wonders to take my mind off of it. Although I am not sure if blistex had a hand in curing this issue over the next couple of days, I do know that it went away quicker than usual and did not become the usual crusty, yellowed mess.

Blistex medicated balm works for all manner of lip ailments.

Blistex Medicated Lip Balm

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125041471210630/k2311a0425/4.25.11