Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen book  » Books  »
  • I think the author who is Sarah Dessen is amazing because she writes in a very understandable way and straightforward
  • I recommend this to young women and also for everyone who have problems with self-esteem

• by autumndreamer

This is just another young adult book that I’ve just finished reading. Like the other teen books I’ve read before, I was also attracted to this book because of its cute cover. I think the author who is Sarah Dessen is amazing because she writes in a very understandable way and straightforward. She doesn’t play too much with the words and the book is simply beautifully written.

Keeping The Moon is about a 15-year-old girl named Colie Sparks who lives in Charlotte with her mom. Before, she and her mom were both overweight and financially unstable. Because of this, Colie experienced being bullied and she didn’t have confidence. Her mother lost a lot of pounds

and became a fitness guru who became famous internationally, and because of her, Colie also lost weight. Even she lost a lot of weight, she still feels insecure about herself. When her mother has to leave for a tour in Europe, Colie was sent to her Aunt Mira in Colby. There, she met two older girls named Morgan and Isabel. They work in a restaurant and Colie got a job as a waitress there. She also met Norman, the boy who loves art and the boarder of her Aunt Mira. Aunt Mira is an eccentric woman whom people criticizes in their town. Because of these characters in the book, Colie will learn to let ...

• go all her insecurities and she’ll realize her inner beauty and real value.

This is a good book, very understandable and all the characters are so relatable. At first, I was a little bit annoyed at the main character who is Colie. She’s so negative about herself. And even if she doesn’t have enough self-esteem, she’s also not nice to everyone. She felt like all the people will be mean at her so she feels like she shouldn’t be nice. That’s what I think about her. I disliked her personality at first. But as the story goes, she changed and I started to like her a bit. My favorite characters are Morgan and Isabel. They’re

best friends and they’re so true and frank to each other. They’re both funny and I somehow wished I have friends like them. Reading this book makes me realize the importance of changing my negative self-image. Like the main character, I can relate to her as I also have problems regarding my self-image as a young girl. By the end of the book, I was so touched by how Colie learned that the way people treat her starts from herself and all she has to do is to change the way she looks at herself. It is truly a touching book to read. I recommend this to young women and also for everyone who have problems with self-esteem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1725041470780530/k2311a0425/4.25.11