Antiox Choco (Mebendazole) Suspension  » Medicine  »
2.0
  • I know Mebendazole has been popular in treating parasite infestations
  • I expected I will take tablets or capsules as that's what most adults take and I think suspensions are for children

• by autumndreamer

Two months ago, I experienced itchiness of the anus. At first, it was just like three times a day. Then as days went by, it became more frequent. Until it came to the time that it itches all day. It was so irritating, frustrating, and annoying. I immediately thought that there might be something wrong with my body. Maybe I have worms, or maybe I just have rashes in the anus or it might just be allergies. I told my mom and the doctor about the itchiness of my anus. The doctor said I might have hookworms. I didn’t take any parasite tests and she didn’t check my anus. She prescribed the medicine right away. She prescribed me this Antiox Mebendazole.

Antiox is a treatment for worm infestations. These worms are pinworms, roundworms, tapeworms, and whipworms. Antiox is the medicine name and its generic name is Mebendazole. I know Mebendazole has

been popular in treating parasite infestations. The doctor prescribed the Antiox in suspension. Because of that, I felt like a little kid. I expected I will take tablets or capsules as that’s what most adults take and I think suspensions are for children. I’ve know Antiox as a kid, but I have never taken them before as this is my first time to have worms. The Antiox that the doctor prescribed to me is a 10 ml suspension and it’s chocolate-flavored! It’s also available in 500 mg tablets.

About its taste, it’s so yummy. I never expected this deworming suspension would taste this sweet. I actually want to drink more of it but it’s only 10 ml. I took it a few hours after I ate dinner. It tastes like chocolate syrup. The suspension is colored light brown. It’s really sweet for a deworming suspension. I watched TV after I took ...

• it and a few minutes after, I felt sleepy. At first it’s bearable. I can manage to watch clearly. But as minutes pass by, the sleepiness became extreme. I haven’t read from the suspension’s bottle or box that it can cause drowsiness. I felt extreme drowsiness that night. I didn’t want to sleep yet because I still have so many things to do like homework but it felt so hard to open my eyes. That’s the first time I felt sleepy because of medications. I never took sleeping pills or any medicine that can cause drowsiness before, but this first time felt good. I turned off the TV and headed to my bed. I remembered I haven’t brushed my teeth yet. Soon, I also felt dizzy like I drank a bottle of alcohol. After I went to bed, I slept already.

My doctor said that I may have a bowel movement

in the early morning so I expected that but I did not. No bowel movements until the next day. I felt unsatisfied. Anyway, I didn’t feel itchiness anymore after I took the suspension but it came back again after two days. I don’t know why that happened. Me and my mother scheduled another consultation with the doctor and the doctor prescribed me another medicine which I was not taking yet. After taking this Antiox, the itchiness somehow decreased. Before, it itches like all day but now it itches only twice a day, but I’m still not satisfied.

On the bottle, it says that 10 ml is enough for deworming children and adults, and deworming should be done once every six months. I don’t know why this suspension did not take effect on me. It at least decreased the itchiness. I followed the directions carefully. Because of ineffectiveness, I will try the other medicines.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2625041470740530/k2311a0425/4.25.11