Zum Face Gentle Facial Toner Lemon Geranium 4 oz
  • I have several that I like to use in the summer but they are mostly for ‘feel” and are not really functional
  • I don’t mind it, unless it clashes with my cologne, but generally I use the toner at home, and not when I am going out so it is not a big issue most days

• by reviewabit

I have been looking for a good toner that I can use year round. In the winter my skin is too dry for a lot of the astringent ones, and in summer I need something that will really get the oil off my face and not just feel cool. I have several that I like to use in the summer but they are mostly for ‘feel” and are not really functional.

I like Zum products and have become a big fan of their natural soaps and salves. This Zum facial toner has a simple list of ingredients without a ton of chemicals, and that is very attractive to me,

as I will be using a toner often throughout the day on hot days and don’t want to keep exposing my skin to garbage.

This toner, based on lemon and geranium, also has aloe vera, witch hazel, glycerin, chamomile extract, rosemary, marshmallow, and other essential oils for fragrance. The simple packaging is attractive and efficient, and the product is very affordable at less than ten dollars in most places.

The smell is bright and uplifting, with fresh lemon and sunny geranium, and I can detect a few spicy notes underneath, perhaps the rosemary. When I put the toner on my face, it is instantly cool and refreshing, and very gentle.

...

• I have never had my face to burn or tingle from this toner. Instead, it feels refreshed without being made tight or dry.

I tried it out when I was wearing some makeup, to see if how it would do taking off the makeup and the oils. I was pleased that with a few wipes, it seemed to have gotten the majority of the makeup off.

I use a cleanser for removing my makeup regularly, so this was not its intended purpose– just a little test. Again on a hot day, when I was in and out from working in my garden, I used it to refresh my face

I kept it in the refrigerator so it was nice and cool, and it was just wonderful.

The scent is a little potent, so if you are one who is looking for something very mild or fragrance free, you might not like this. I don’t mind it, unless it clashes with my cologne, but generally I use the toner at home, and not when I am going out so it is not a big issue most days.

So far, this looks like a winner, but I might want to keep on the lookout for a similar product that has a lighter scent. I would give this one a big thumbs up for performance though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424041470600730/k2311a0424/4.24.11