Free & Clear Shampoo for Sensitive Skin 12 oz  » Health  »
  • I found it a bit expensive for a shampoo that had nothing in it, but I did as I was told
  • An unscented bath product is terribly boring to me, so I was not pleased to have to use something that did not smell good
  • They soon lost interest, since there were no interesting attributes other than the lack of smell
  • Over all, I think it is a good product for someone who needs to avoid most of the irritating chemicals in most shampoos, whether that is due to a scalp condition or a natural sensitivity
  • I would not recommend it for someone with extremely dry hair, as it is more for normal to oily hair

• by reviewabit

I once went through a phase where my scalp was itchy and irritated. It happened after a professional hair coloring treatment, and lasted about a month. Some chemical in the colorant must have really upset my scalp, because I had itching, flaking, and little bumps to pop up periodically.

No matter what I washed my hair with, it did not get rid of this. Eventually I had to see the doctor about it, and he said it was a type of allergy.

I was to use a non-irritating shampoo for a few weeks to see if that improved it, while also using a prescription product on the scalp to help heal

the sores. Free and Clear shampoo was recommended to me.

I found it a bit expensive for a shampoo that had nothing in it, but I did as I was told. An unscented bath product is terribly boring to me, so I was not pleased to have to use something that did not smell good.

I pacified myself by purchasing a luxuriously expensive body wash to make up for it. The Free and Clear does not have sulfates, paraben, protein or anything that might be remotely irritating.

It has no fragrance, not even a masking fragrance. It was pleasantly textured, and washed the hair gently without a ...

• ton of lather.

Boring as it was, I have to admit, it stopped the itching. It seemed to dry my hair a bit, but that is probably because I have pretty dry hair to being with from all the coloring and processing, so it was not a surprise.

I was able to use the matching conditioner with it, which did help some. Within a couple of weeks, my scalp was healed up and everything appeared to be back to normal, but I continued using the shampoo until it ran out, with the help of other household members, who had taken an interest in the shampoo just because it was

special and they weren’t supposed to be using it.

They soon lost interest, since there were no interesting attributes other than the lack of smell. Over all, I think it is a good product for someone who needs to avoid most of the irritating chemicals in most shampoos, whether that is due to a scalp condition or a natural sensitivity.

It could also be a good, gentle shampoo base if you wanted to add essential oils to fragrance it. It is rather difficult to find affordable non-sulfate shampoo bases to make new products with.

I would not recommend it for someone with extremely dry hair, as it is more for normal to oily hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424041470520730/k2311a0424/4.24.11