Family Guy TV Episode: 420 (Season 7, Episode 12)  » TV  »
  • I love how the cops pull Peter over and ignore, the empty bottles of beer, the blood and the corpse of Quagmire's cat (Peter accidentally kills it in the beginning of the episode) only to use excessive force when a small pouch of pot falls out of Brian's collar
  • I know it was meant to set up the larger plot

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: In honor of the 420 holiday (4/20 is a big holiday for people who want marijuana legalized), this episode has Brian being arrested for drugs and then forming a campaign to legalize marijuana. What I liked about this episode: Overall, this episode honestly wasn’t anything overly special compared to the other episodes from the series.

But, there were

a couple things that really stood out for me.

One of the big ones was Brian’s arrest.

I love how the cops pull Peter over and ignore, the empty bottles of beer, the blood and the corpse of Quagmire’s cat (Peter accidentally kills it in the beginning of the episode) only to use excessive force when a small pouch of pot falls out of Brian’s collar.

It was pretty easy to see what kind of satirical message the writers were trying to send with that.

The twist at the end, where Brian succeeds in legalizing the drug only to be bribed into campaigning against it was actually pretty funny.

I loved the news report that said his book (he ...

• Family Guy TV Episode: 420 (Season 7, Episode 12)
      sold out so it could finally be published)was the worst selling book in history.

So much for that happy ending.

What I didn’t like about this episode: I honestly wasn’t a huge fan of the cat thing.

I know it was meant to set up the larger plot.

But, it still was a bit excessive (it’s one thing to

accidentally kill it, it’s another thing to mutilate it afterwards) to me and one of the reasons why I made sure to watch this episode when my kids weren’t in the room.

My Final Opinion: Other than the part with the cat, this episode was entertaining to watch.

As I said before, it wasn’t anything special.

But, that didn’t mean it isn’t worth watching at least once.

Andrew Leither says :

I just love these television series. SO cute - Brian arrested for drugs I think it’s cool and I have not seen this particular episode but I love Family Guy television series. It’s really interesting and like a strange, weird dysfunctional family

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1024041470360730/k2311a0424/4.24.11