JC Penny Portrait Studio  » Business  »
0.5
Queensbury, NY
  • The young woman taking the pictures obviously had no experience with children
  • The woman had no problem showing her anger with my daughter as see snatched the clown out of my little hand and shoved a ratty looking teddy bear in it's place
  • I replied I don't like them at all, where's her arm
  • NEVER again or would I ever recommend this portrait studio

• by Libra36
      Many year ago when my daughter was a year old, we had her pictures done by JC Penny Portrait Studio. Understandbly babies and small children can be difficult to photograph. However my daughter was a “little ham” and loved to have her picture taken. The young woman taking the pictures obviously had no experience with children.

She plopped my little one up on a 4 foot stand/seat and shoved a really ugly clown at her, of course making her cry. The woman had

no problem showing her anger with my daughter as see snatched the clown out of my little hand and shoved a ratty looking teddy bear in it’s place. The woman then took a few photos.

Her next prop was a little white bench. After picking the splinter out of my daughters leg, we contiuned through another 30 minutes of prop changes and backgrounds to get a total of 11 photos to choose from. The package was for an 8X10, 4- 5×7’s 12- wallets and 12 tiny little ones.

For $ 39. 95 PLUS a $9. 99 sitting fee.

We choose the picture we wanted, it was cute but by no means was it “the perfect picture” and with christmas less than a month away, we didn’t have time to go to another studio. We paid for the package and went on our not so merry way. A few weeks later they called and said our package was ready to be picked up.

Well, the cute picture we choose ...

• JC Penny Portrait Studio
      somehow had turned into a hideous picture. The picture was so off center she was missing her left arm! The background which was a christmas theme, a window with snow outside and little toys laying all around, was so fuzzy you could not identy what the toys even were. I demanded a refund, I was so angry.

I was told we don’t do refunds! If you don’t like it you don’t have to take them. I replied “I don’t like them at all,

where’s her arm!?” The woman took the pictures away from me and throw them in the trash can! NEVER again or would I ever recommend this portrait studio. You are better off to take your own photo’s and take them to a drug store or any store than can make them into little cards.

Of course now a days with any photo softwear you can do just about anything to you pictures. Becarefull, when choosing where to have your children’s photo’s done, shop around.

debby grunwald says :

i was really not happy with the service. can you take into consideration and do something about it?

Jules Li says :

Debby, I’m sorry you had problems with the service. However, you should know that this is not a page for JC Penny. It’s actually a review page. I would suggest contacting their corporate office to make your sentiments known. Here’s the phone number: (972) 431-1000.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41904146990730/k2311a049/4.9.07