Rite Aid Fiber Supplement Capsules 160 ct
  • I did not experience any bloating or other side effects with either product
  • It is much more convenient that drinking a fiber liquid supplement like the horrible Metamucil– but there are other forms of fiber that are even easier to take
  • Rite Aid has generally very good store brand alternatives at good prices, and I would recommend these to anyone looking for a cheap fiber solution

• by reviewabit

When I was running low on my usual fiber supplement, I picked up a bottle of these from Rite Aid because they were on sale. They are very similar to the FiberCon I had taken before. Although very inexpensive, it is worth noting that you do have to take six capsules to equal a whole dose, so although you get 160 capsules in the bottle, that is only about a month’s worth of doses.

There are pros and cons to the product. The pros are: it works just as well as the name brand of fiber capsules.

I can tell virtually no difference in

the two at all. The capsules are the same size and have the same feel going down.

I did not experience any bloating or other side effects with either product. It is much more convenient that drinking a fiber liquid supplement like the horrible Metamucil– but there are other forms of fiber that are even easier to take.

With this product, you are directed to drink a full glass fo water, and this is important to prevent the fiber from swelling up and causing a blockage somewhere on the way down. I don’t know how often that actually happens, but it is certainly a ...

• possibility, as you will see many fiber products labeled with the advisory to drink fluids.

Sometimes it is rather inconvenient to have to stop and take six pills with a full glass of water. It is especially embarrassing if you have to do this in public, as everyone will want to know what you are taking.

I would lie. Gulping fiber capsules makes one seem a bit prematurely geriatric in my book.

However, it is important to take them if you need them. I use them to help stabilize my blood sugar, control irritable bowel syndrome, reduce cholesterol, and help in appetite

control for weight loss.

This product works well for all those uses, and for a very modest price overall. Of course I would much rather take gummy bear fiber chews, or drink the clear mixes that taste like raspberry lemonade, but the price of those can get pretty ridiculous if you take them on an every day basis, so I manage my budget by alternating the “luxury” fiber products with these inexpensive ones which work just as well.

Rite Aid has generally very good store brand alternatives at good prices, and I would recommend these to anyone looking for a cheap fiber solution.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3421041469560330/k2311a0421/4.21.11