Maruchan Oriental Flavor Ramen Noodle Soup
  • Ramen noodle soup does not require any refrigeration and can be prepared in a microwave so I like to keep a couple of packages in my desk drawer at work for a quick and inexpensive lunch
  • I admit that I was put off from trying it at first because of its vague product name that did not really convey to me how it would taste, but I decided to give it a try
  • My courage was rewarded with a delicious flavor of ramen noodle soup
  • If you like ramen noodle soup and are looking for a new variety to try, I highly recommend the Maruchan Oriental Flavor ramen noodle soup
  • I don't think you will be disappointed if you give it a try

• by deem

Ramen noodle soup is not just for starving college kids. My college days are long behind me, but I still enjoy a flavorful bowl of ramen noodle soup. Maruchan is my favorite brand of ramen noodle soup and, until recently, I would have said that the beef flavored soup was my favorite with chicken flavor a close second.

However, I recently tried the Maruchan Oriental Flavor ramen noodle soup and it is right up there at the top of my flavor chart along with the beef. If you haven’t tried ramen noodle soup, it generally comes packaged in cellophane.

The ramen noodles are basically “blocks” of tangled noodles with a packet of flavoring that varies depending on the flavor of the soup. Ramen noodle soup does not

require any refrigeration and can be prepared in a microwave so I like to keep a couple of packages in my desk drawer at work for a quick and inexpensive lunch.

The reason that ramen noodle soup is so closely connected to financially strapped college students is because it is so inexpensive. You can buy several packages for under a dollar.

How can you beat that for an inexpensive lunch? I crumble up the noodles, place them in a small bowl or other microwave safe container, add just enough water to cover the noodles, and microwave for about two minutes — until the noodles are tender. Then I open the flavoring packet and sprinkle it into the water.

Stir it up and I have a bowl ...

• of ramen noodle soup with a flavorful broth. That is all there is to it.

The Oriental flavor ramen noodle soup has a rich, dark brown broth that is somewhat reminiscent of the beef flavored broth, but different. I admit that I was put off from trying it at first because of its vague product name that did not really convey to me how it would taste, but I decided to give it a try.

My courage was rewarded with a delicious flavor of ramen noodle soup. If you want to get fancy, you can mix in left over meats or veggies to make the ramen noodle soup more filling.

You can also use the ramen noodles as a base without the flavor

packet and melt in cheese and milk, for example, to the hot noodles to make a cheesy version of the ramen noodles. All of these ways of enjoying ramen noodle soup are good.

However, I tend to be a traditionalist who just likes to keep it simple so I usually just eat my ramen noodle soup as that — ramen noodle soup without anything fancy about it. If you like ramen noodle soup and are looking for a new variety to try, I highly recommend the Maruchan Oriental Flavor ramen noodle soup.

I don’t think you will be disappointed if you give it a try. I should warn you, however, that if you are watching your sodium intake you might want eat ramen noodle soup sparingly as its sodium content is quite high.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721041469350230/k2311a0421/4.21.11