Chef’s Cupboard Brand Apple Walnut Rice Stuffing
2.5
  • Unfortunately, this is the only thing but it is a big one
  • In fact, I think I would have preferred just normal rice with some gravy on it or something
  • But, I wasn't impressed enough with the taste to make me want to go back and buy another box and I don't think it is a product we would buy on a regular basis if ever again

• by Review Vigilante

Product Description: Box of rice stuffing with an apple and walnut flavor. My wife found this at our local Aldi grocery store and paid about $1. 50 for it a couple weeks ago.

We made this last night to go with dinner. What I liked about this product: The rice was one of the easier side dishes we have made.

All we had to do was add water and butter to it and cook

it for around 20 minutes in our microwave. Also, unlike many other dishes like this, it came out looking similar to what it was supposed to.

The color was a bit off (white instead of brown as we were expecting). But, it wasn’t overcooked and it wasn’t watery like many of other brands might have been.

I also liked the quantity of this product. Because of the price, I wasn’t expecting it to ...

• make enough for us to have any leftovers.

But, even after having seconds, we still had some left to put in our fridge. I always like products that give me more than one meal’s worth for the money.

What I didn’t like about this product: Unfortunately, this is the only thing but it is a big one. I wasn’t a fan of the taste.

This might be just me, but the apple and

walnut flavor just didn’t seem to make the rice any better. In fact, I think I would have preferred just normal rice with some gravy on it or something.

My Final Opinion: There are some things to like about this product, including the price. But, I wasn’t impressed enough with the taste to make me want to go back and buy another box and I don’t think it is a product we would buy on a regular basis if ever again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721041469330230/k2311a0421/4.21.11