Cuisinart TTG-500 Two-to-Go Coffeemaker  » Housewares  »
  • The Cuisinart Two-to-Go is probably one the best things ever made to fuel the body of a college student
  • This is simply a measurement problem, though, and is easily fixed by paying more attention to how much water and coffee I am using
  • I absolutely love this coffee maker and would recommend it to anyone who needs coffee on the go

• by Alanna Rosewood

Best invention ever! The Cuisinart Two-to-Go is probably one the best things ever made to fuel the body of a college student. Pop the coffee in, press a button, cover the mug and I’m good to go. My roommate and I usually use a regular coffee maker in the morning because it makes more coffee and is a little faster, but it seems pointless to make a whole pot in the morning if only one of us is drinking coffee. This is where the Two-to-Go comes in handy. It is meant to be used by two people,

but we rarely usually use it for one of us. All I have to do is put the mug under both spouts to catch all the coffee instead of under just one. This way I don’t waste our precious coffee supply but I still get my caffeine fix in the morning. I don’t just use this to make coffee either; I also make tea with it. It works basically the same as with coffee; I just replace the coffee with tea bags and skip the filter (unless it is loose leaf tea). This is nice because the tea does not become bitter from being steeped for too long, but for it does not work for light teas like green and white tea. It is better to just steep these in the mug.

I only have a couple problems with this coffeemaker, all of which are minor. First of all, the coffee does not stay warm for very long. This is easily solved, however; I just brew it later so that it finishes around the time I am supposed to leave. Once it is done brewing I just pop the top on and head to ...

• Cuisinart TTG-500 Two-to-Go Coffeemaker
      class. The lack of a burner plate is actually nice in the sense that the coffee will not be burned; bitter coffee is never a good taste to wake up to. I hate going to the dining hall and drinking their nasty day-old burned coffee. Second of all, this machine is a lot touchier about overflowing than regular coffee makers. If you put too much in there will be water and coffee everywhere. This is simply a measurement problem, though, and is easily fixed by paying more attention to how much water and coffee I am using.

Some people actually do not like this machine because it is very simple without a lot of bells and whistles. I actually prefer that it is simple because there are fewer buttons I can hit to mess it up! I also have heard about the frequent burnouts these machines seem to go through, but I have not had this problem. This particular coffee maker is around a year and a half old and so far nothing terrible has happened. I absolutely love this coffee maker and would recommend it to anyone who needs coffee on the go!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5321041469100230/k2311a0421/4.21.11