Bernatello’s Ham & Cheese Bernie’s Bites  » Food  »
  • I found these at one of our local grocery store for $2.50 a couple days ago and made them as a mid-afternoon snack for my wife and me yesterday
  • I think I would have to go with the quantity
  • These are definitely worth trying some time if you are looking for an appetizer or easy snack
  • But, I would try to find them for a little cheaper than what I paid for them

• by Review Vigilante

Product Description: Box of 12 breaded bites filled with pieces of ham and Swiss cheese. I found these at one of our local grocery store for $2. 50 a couple days ago and made them as a mid-afternoon snack for my wife and me yesterday.

What I liked about this product: Like most other products from the Bernie’s Bites category, these were very easy to make. I put them in my toaster oven for about 8

minutes and they came out perfectly (the cheese was just starting to leak out of them) despite not taking the time to pre-heat the oven.

As far as taste goes, they weren’t terrible. The Swiss cheese had a bit of an off taste to it but wasn’t bad and it mixed nicely with the little pieces of ham that were inside each of the little bites.

The bites also proved to be somewhat filling. I ...

• had six of them (my wife had the other six) and, while they weren’t something that would keep us full for hours, they did give us a nice snack to hold us over until dinner time.

What I didn’t like about this product: I think I would have to go with the quantity. As I said before, there are only about a dozen inside the box.

I’ve purchased plenty of other comparable brands that had

that many inside and they were priced around $1. I would gladly pay a bit more for these because I do think they are better.

But I’m not sure they are worth $1. 50 more unless there was a larger quantity inside the box.

My Final Opinion: These are definitely worth trying some time if you are looking for an appetizer or easy snack. But, I would try to find them for a little cheaper than what I paid for them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2720041468900430/k2311a0420/4.20.11