Howard Johnson Express Inn Niagara Falls  » Travel  »
8100 Lundys Lane, Niagara Falls, ON, CA , L2H 1H1
  • It is built on a very convenient location if you’re touring in Niagara Falls

• by happymoon

It was on boxing day right after Christmas that the whole family of mine stayed in this Hojo hotel for a shopping trip. The hotel is right off Lundy’s Lane and was only a few minutes drive from the Canada One Factory outlet. There were chains of famous brand fast food along the street, though they all charge higher than other place. Waves Indoor Water Park is only 10 minutes walk from the hotel. It is built on a very convenient location if you’re touring in Niagara Falls.

The outside of the motel looks a bit run down with exterior stairs and doors. Especially in winter it dosen’t look attractive at all. But once you get in, you’ll be welcomed by

a warm-hearted manager that was trying to help you out all the way. I was checking in in a quiet afternoon. I asked for a room to be away from the road, the smiling manager gave me room 137 on the second floor that IS a bit further inside. The room itself was very basic but very clean. I had the habbit of checking up and down a hotel room before I lay myself down on the bed. I want to make sure there’s nothing gross or scary that might put a potential harm on my family. To my delight, the room well passed my check. They had the bathtub and ceramic painted all in red, which is rarely seen ...

• from most other hotels. Though the taste is not quite my type but kids were all excited about it.

I booked the room with my corporate code at $37 after tax. With that cheap price you got two queen size beds in the room and simple wooden table with drawers. A 27’’ TV with enough channels to entertain both kids and adults. Free high speed Internet. Free instant coffee and a few paper cups. Water pressure in the washroom was satisfactory. Air conditioner / fan however was too loud that we turned off after the room temperature had gone up enough. I’d say the whole room felt cozy enough to get a good sleep.

The Hojo claimed to be a smoke free

facility on their web site. However I did see a small tin sitting outside of most of the guest rooms. Inside the tin was some ciggerat buds as I expected. I don’t know if that is a way to accommodate smokers but still keep the smoke outside of the room, or actually some rooms are smoking. I had a tin outside of my room but I didn’t smell anything “smoky”.

The free breakfast was the highlight of the next morning. They have a very large resteraunt style breakfast room with muffins, danish, toast and donut provided. You also get different choices among orange juice, apple juice or milk. Both my two kids ate a lot and were very happy with the comfortable table setting.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3819041467880630/k2311a0419/4.19.11