The Ramada Kowloon Hongkong Hotel  » Hotels  »
1.5
73-75 Chatham Road South, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, HK, China
  • It is right at the heart of Tsim Tsa Tsui, which is great because I love to go out to shop in this area and not in the Hong Kong side area
  • It is quite cheap, around HK$500 per night but without breakfast, but I know I could find other hotels that have better rooms (and bigger rooms perhaps) that are almost the same price

• by asg

I recently got off a trip from Hong Kong because I had to attend a business event. Fortunately, I was given the chance to have a free stay in one of their sponsor hotels. The hotel that I booked with was Ramada Hotel in Kowloon. It is conveniently located at Granville Road. It is right at the heart of Tsim Tsa Tsui, which is great because I love to go out to shop in this area and not in the Hong Kong side area.

The lobby is very small; there is only a reception desk and another desk for the concierge I think. On the side with the elevators, there are some sofas and a small business center. The staff is quite nice though and attended to my needs (like asking for late checkout until 2pm, or asking for housekeeping toiletries, etc). The room was very small. The bed was a double bed; there was a mini-bar and complimentary water bottles

for two that is given daily. The TV was a basic one; there were English channels so it was okay. I just got stuck with mostly the news though which sucks. There is no free Wi-Fi at all. There was no free breakfast and I had to add some extra dollars for each day I want to have breakfast so I skipped it. The bed was hard. It was not even bouncy at all. There is a small personal safe in the closet and 2 pairs of complimentary guest slippers. The shades were great because it hid the sunlight from my small window. I almost died from the allergies I got from the room being too small, carpeted and for some reason the air was so stale.

The bathroom was very small. I checked in with my husband and the both of us could not fit in the bathroom if I wanted to brush my teeth. It was too small but ...

• it was alright, it was clean enough. The hair dryer sucks, it had a hole on the tube so I had to cover it with my finger so I could get my hair dry, but the air it blows out was so weak it took forever for me to finish drying off my hair (which is really very thin and not so long, so normally it takes me 15 minutes to dry off with my hair dryer that has 1000watts of power.

I guess for someone who just wants to stay in the Tsim Tsa Tsui area, this is a good hotel, but only for those who do not really mind the hotel room and the amenities. It is quite cheap, around HK$500 per night but without breakfast, but I know I could find other hotels that have better rooms (and bigger rooms perhaps) that are almost the same price. I was not happy with this hotel, except for

the fact that there are lots of shops (including the Bossini outlet and Cotton On shops) when I step out of my hotel and there is an MTR station and bus station nearby. The MRT station and bus station is probably around 3 minutes walk from the hotel lobby. The Granville street has a lot of shopping stores that got me busy even and it took forever for me to reach Ramada because I always take my time going through the shops. There is another outlet for sportswear and shoes I just forgot what the name was but it was just a couple of shops away from the hotel.

I will not return and book in the same hotel again. The Ramada in Hong Kong side is so much better and totally different from this hotel. It was not too terrible but for basic travelers who are in a budget and alone may stay here because really, the room is only good for one person.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 219041467640630/k2311a0419/4.19.11