Moroccan Oil Luminous Hairspray 10 oz.  » Health  »
  • When I started coloring my hair at home, I noticed that it was gradually losing its shine
  • I found out later than it worked better if I just used extra mousse or other product in my hair first
  • I try to keep my hair with as little weight in it as possible, since I have thinning hair on top and don’t need anything pulling my hair down, making this problem more obvious
  • There are two definite benefits of this spray that help to offset the issue of it not having the best hold
  • I would definitely recommend this product for those needing some extra shine

• by reviewabit

When I started coloring my hair at home, I noticed that it was gradually losing its shine. I have several different shine serums which do help, and certain shampoos make it look healthier than others, but someone told me to try this hair spray, because it leaves behind a nice shine. It costs fifteen dollars online at Amazon, which is about average for what a good salon brand costs. The can is ten ounces, and because it only holds moderately well, it does not last as long as I would have liked.

I had to use two layers the first time I styled with it. I found out later than it worked

better if I just used extra mousse or other product in my hair first. I try to keep my hair with as little weight in it as possible, since I have thinning hair on top and don’t need anything pulling my hair down, making this problem more obvious.

The spray itself is very light. It sprays evenly and the sprayer works very dependably. I don’t notice a lot of hair spray “cloud” in the room, which is a common problem for me with aerosols and I only use them more now because I discovered they weigh less on the hair.

There are two definite benefits of this spray that help to ...

• offset the issue of it not having the best hold. One is the fact that it does create a shine. I can tell a definite difference after spraying my hair with this product.

It leaves a sheer sparkly sheen on my hair, which is probably due to the fact I have a few natural highlights (and silver, which also reflects well. ) I have never quite seen this effect in a hair spray before. I have seen it with heavier oily products, but I am not a big fan of wearing oils and heavy creams in my hair just to get a shine.

This is a very lightweight alternative that seems to work

pretty consistently, even though the top portion of my hair and the ends are a totally different texture altogether. I have had problems with some products looking different on the top of my head than they do on the back. The other big plus is the fragrance.

Too often I have bought a spray with great hold but it smelled horrible. This has a very fresh, clean scent that is extremely pleasant. I have even gotten compliments when I wore it.

I would definitely recommend this product for those needing some extra shine. Just beware that it is not a super-great hold product. You may have to use more than you expect.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418041467630330/k2311a0418/4.18.11