Dr. Scholl’s Massaging Gel Ball of Foot Cushions 1 pair  » Health  »
  • When I bought a new pair of wedge sandals, I found that while wearing them, I was having pain in the ball of my foot
  • It was probably related to the height of the heel, but there was very little support on the sole of the shoe, complicating the problem
  • Obviously, full size insoles weren’t a good option for a sandal, and since only the front portion of my foot was hurting, I decided to buy these Dr. Scholl’s ball of foot cushions to remedy the pain
  • At first I could not tell a lot of difference, but I think this is because my feet were already very sore from wearing the sandals without any cushions in them
  • I would definitely recommend these cushions for ball of foot pain, but with a warning that if your heel is much higher than your toes, you may have some adhesive issues

• by reviewabit

When I bought a new pair of wedge sandals, I found that while wearing them, I was having pain in the ball of my foot. It was probably related to the height of the heel, but there was very little support on the sole of the shoe, complicating the problem. Obviously, full size insoles weren’t a good option for a sandal, and since only the front portion of my foot was hurting, I decided to buy these Dr.

Scholl’s ball of foot cushions to remedy the pain. I am sure we have all heard the cutesy commercials about the “gellin’” insoles.

These are a similar idea. I don’t

know why they are called “massaging” since they are thin and stuck to your shoe, and do not have enough gel in them to really “massage” anything, especially when you are putting all your weight on them.

I suppose it is just an idea to sell. I had used some of the gel full-size insoles and they seemed to help me with another pair of shoes, so I fully expected these to work too.

I applied the adhesive backed cushions to the inside of the shoe, and tried them on. At first I could not tell a lot of difference, but I think this is because ...

• my feet were already very sore from wearing the sandals without any cushions in them.

After a couple of days, I could really tell a difference. I was not having the burning pain in the balls of my feet anymore, and although they were still not the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn, they were certainly a lot more tolerable than they were before.

I found that after a couple of weeks, the adhesive was giving way on the cushion. Because my heel was higher, I guess it was pushing the cushion downward, causing it to slide forward, releasing the adhesive hold.

Because of this,

I ended up with adhesive goo on my foot several days in a row, and finally it just started to break down and the cushion would no longer stay in place. I solved the problem by taking it out and simply buying another cushion.

I have to do this now about every three months or so, but it is the only way I can keep wearing the shoes. I would definitely recommend these cushions for ball of foot pain, but with a warning that if your heel is much higher than your toes, you may have some adhesive issues.

It is well worth the pain relief though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418041467610330/k2311a0418/4.18.11