Kiwi Smiling Feet Gel Heel Liners 1 pair  » Health  »
  • When I needed a pair for a new pair of dress shoes that were rubbing a blister on my heel, I happened to see the Kiwi brand and decided to try those instead, since I had a problem with adhesive not sticking on the other brand
  • When I adhered the liners to each heel’s interior, I stepped into the shoes and noticed immediate comfort
  • Unfortunately, they did the same thing the Dr. Scholl’s brand did, and began coming unglued
  • I would definitely recommend this product or the Dr’ Scholl’s equally as they are both good and both have the same shortcomings as well

• by reviewabit

I have used Dr. Scholl’s heel liners in the past, and was pretty happy with them. When I needed a pair for a new pair of dress shoes that were rubbing a blister on my heel, I happened to see the Kiwi brand and decided to try those instead, since I had a problem with adhesive not sticking on the other brand.

These were a little more expensive, but seemed to be really well made. I hoped the adhesive would be more stable too.

When I adhered the liners to each heel’s interior, I stepped into the shoes and noticed immediate comfort. Although there

was an awareness of the liner being there, there was no more painful rubbing and blistering, and the heels no longer slipped up and down as I walked.

The gel is soft and squishy, but thin– and it feels nice against your heel, especially if it has been sore. I walked a mile or more in these new shoes after putting the heel liners in– with no heel pain.

(Toe pain is another story!) It took about eight or nine times wearing the shoes before any problem with the adhesive showed up. Unfortunately, they did the same thing the Dr.

Scholl’s brand did, and began ...

• coming unglued. I was upset and annoyed at the idea of buying another pair, but my brilliant partner, who knows nothing about high heeled shoes, came up with the brilliant idea of pulling the liners out, and using a hot glue gun to put them back in!

As strange as it sounds, this worked perfectly and I have not had another problem with the liners coming unglued or slipping out of place.

It should be noted that once you hot-glue something into your shoe, you’d better make sure you get it in the right place the first time because it is not likely to

come back out without a fight! If only the companies that make these products would recognize the common adhesive issues and come up with an alternative. I mean, I shouldn’t really have to use a glue gun on my shoe.

That said, the product did its job and has saved me a lot of pain and suffering. I would definitely recommend this product or the Dr’ Scholl’s equally as they are both good and both have the same shortcomings as well.

This one might be a tiny bit thicker, so depending on your shoe and how much padding you need, it is a consideration.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418041467570330/k2311a0418/4.18.11