Borba Age Defying 4-in-1 Cleansing Treatment 5.0 oz.  » Health  »
  • This product is supposedly formulated by some celebrity skin guru, and I bought into that
  • Fortunately, this is not one of those products that cost as much as four other ones
  • I think it is a decent product– but I wouldn’t call it anything over the top special
  • I would recommend it as much as I would most other brands in this quality and price range

• by reviewabit

I was shopping for a new facial cleanser to try, since I am over forty now and need to try to stay “young. ” This product is supposedly formulated by some celebrity skin guru, and I bought into that. The tube is awfully pretty– deep purple and silver with a little picture of Acai berries on the front. Everything that wants to attract any attention needs to either mention or have a picture of an acai berry, although I have not really found an acai based product that worked miracles yet. The “four in one” claim always looks good on a product.

It makes you think you might be saving a lot of money

by using this one product instead of four. Fortunately, this is not one of those products that cost as much as four other ones. It was only around ten dollars. The four things it claims to do are removing makeup, exfoliating, pore refining and anti-aging treatment.

What it actually is– a cleanser. What is its claim to fame? Super-foods. It has acai berry, (of course) camu camu, (I have no clue what that is) grape seed, flaxseed and argan oils. (I do know what those are- and they are good.

) It also has lots of vitamins— A,C,E,B6, B12. Niacin, magnesium and zinc. Although I get all of those by taking them orally ...

• in my multivitamin, I guess a little extra on the skin wouldn’t hurt. The clinical proof claimed by the product is listed in percentages.

There weren’t really any solid evidence sort of results– just perceptions. For example, 97% of women FELT the cleanser treated their skin without irritation. Like that is a big accomplishment? The other figures were similar in nature. So really, I had no solid reason to think this would work all that well… but it was the whole celebrity guru thing… it sucked me in.

I also learned that the product was not tested on animals, and that was a little plus too. I tried

the super cleanser that night before bed. It has a nice scent, sort of berry-floral like to me. It’s light, not irritating.

It lathered and cleansed well, and my skin didn’t feel dry. In fact, it did seem to make my skin feel very smooth. I used it until it was gone. It is a decent cleanser, gentle, does provide some mild exfoliation, and makes your skin look smooth.

I did not see any difference in lines and wrinkles or size of pores. I think it is a decent product– but I wouldn’t call it anything over the top special. I would recommend it as much as I would most other brands in this quality and price range.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418041467460330/k2311a0418/4.18.11