DDF Non-Drying Gentle Cleanser 8.5 fl oz
  • Unfortunately, that’s about the time I ran out, but I feel if I had continued, I would have had the same great benefits
  • I would recommend this product if your doctor wants you to use it— it is a very good quality, but there are cheaper alternatives that are also excellent and easier to find

• by reviewabit

This cleanser was given to me as a hand me down. A relative had some cosmetic surgery, and was required to use this cleanser instead of soap or cream cleansers she normally used. She did not like the feel of it because it doesn’t lather, so I got the remainder when she was finished. Although this is a high end and expensive product, it is basically the same idea as Cetaphil or Aqueous Cream.

It has gentle, non drying ingredients that cleanse without stripping oil from your skin. It has jojoba oil and aloe, two soothing ingredients for sensitive or damaged skin. It is not an all natural product, which some people with sensitive skin might favor.

This does contain some chemicals, and somewhat not-perfect additives, including propylparaben. However, I have used the product and I would say it feels as gentle as water to your skin. It is a creamy, lotion formula– a little thicker than Cetaphil, but thinner than creams.

You massage it gently into your skin and then you can either rinse it off or wipe it away. It is gentle enough that the residue will not irritate your skin. This makes it perfect if you have a serious skin condition or damage from surgery.

I can see why my aunt was instructed to use it. I would never pay as much as this company charges for this product ...

• when there are many lower priced alternatives that are really just as gentle. I suppose you are paying for a name brand and doctor’s endorsements and the assurance that it is medical grade quality.

I admit, I did enjoy using it. I did not use it right away, as it was given to me in the summer, when my “seasonal combination skin” tends to be more oily. I waited until I needed it.

In the winter, when my skin was starting to feel a bit dry, I took a short vacation from my regular cleanser and used this product. I opted to rinse it off rather than wipe, and use a moisturizer afterwards. It feels very

nice on the skin and seems to clean pretty well, including removing makeup.

It does take a bit more work to get makeup off than it does with a foaming cleanser, but this is true of any cream or lotion cleanser. My skin was very soft and felt soothed after using it. Within just a few days, the dryness was much improved.

Unfortunately, that’s about the time I ran out, but I feel if I had continued, I would have had the same great benefits. I would recommend this product if your doctor wants you to use it— it is a very good quality, but there are cheaper alternatives that are also excellent and easier to find

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418041467400230/k2311a0418/4.18.11