Air Optix Night & Day Aqua contact lenses  » Health  »
  • This of course told me nothing yet– it would be several hours before I was able to tell if they were going to be a problem again
  • When the second hour came to pass, I noticed a feeling like there was a piece of dust or an eyelash in my eye, and I though this probably hailed the beginning of the end for this trial

• by reviewabit

I have worn glasses for several years. I used to wear contacts, and in my early thirties I suddenly developed allergies to them and had to stop wearing them due to discomfort. Since then, I make an effort to try a sample of any new contacts that come out that might work for me. The new Air Optix Night and Day Aqua were available at my lens shop, so I asked if I could try out a pair.

At the time I tried them, I had already tried the older Air Optix, and although they worked better than most

for me, I was still only able to wear them for a few hours at a time. I tried on the new lenses while I was in the store, and decided to wear them home. They went in easily and felt comfortable.

This of course told me nothing yet– it would be several hours before I was able to tell if they were going to be a problem again. About an hour later I realized I had forgotten about putting them in. It was pretty funny, because I reached up to take off my glasses and they weren’t there.

I felt like an old lady then!

I was feeling pretty good at one hour of wear. When the second hour came to pass, I noticed a feeling like there was a piece of dust or an eyelash in my eye, and I though this probably hailed the beginning of the end for this trial. I persisted in wearing them until I was certain of what was causing the irritation.

I went to the bathroom and took the offending lens out and rinsed it well with solution. I rinsed again with plain saline ...

• Air Optix Night & Day Aqua contact lenses
      (there’s always the chance that the solution could be the problem and not the lens!) I put the lens back in and found that it felt comfortable again. This surprised me a bit.

I had already prepared myself to expect the irritation to continue. It seems there may have actually been a real piece of dust on the lens. Go figure!

I am happy to report that it was almost seven hours before I felt I needed to take the lenses out.

This is a record for me, at least for the past few years

anyway. These lenses are obviously different. They can be worn for up to a month without taking them out, but I probably will not do this as I have gotten infections from doing that in the past.

I am going to my eye doctor to see about getting a prescription for these lenses. I have now been wearing the sample pair for several weeks, and I am getting persistently good results. If you have a problem with allergies or sensitivities to contacts, try out these new ones– hopefully they will be completely different for you like they were for me.

ani says :

Thanks, I’ve been trying several different lenses and a pair of these had been ordered for me 2 weeks ago to try so I was wondering how they’re going to be. Still waiting for the arrival but it’s nice to hear you had a good experience with them.

Joanna says :

Hi Ani,

I use these as well and I like them a lot. They do not irritate my eyes nearly as much as others that I have tried.

It is necessary to keep a good solution to use with these though. I tried a generic version and it made wearing the contacts really uncomfortable. I switched to the air optix solution and the problems vanished.

Hope this helps,

Joanna

ani says :

oh cool, thank you

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418041467370230/k2311a0418/4.18.11