Natrol Rhodiola 300mg Capsules 30 ea
  • Recommended to me by a few patients that post on a fibromyalgia board, the Natrol brand of this supplement is supposed to be one of the best
  • In addition to irritating my bladder to the point I thought I had an infection, the extra caffeine from all the coffee interacted with the Rhodiola, and caused me to have heart palpitations and nervousness to the point that my hands were shaking

• by reviewabit

I have tried most of the supplements recommended for fibromyalgia patients. A few of them help you to sleep, which is a big factor in symptoms, and some give energy and relieve mental stress and anxiety. Rhodiola falls into that category.

Recommended to me by a few patients that post on a fibromyalgia board, the Natrol brand of this supplement is supposed to be one of the best. I have had good experiences with Natrol so I was confident in giving it a try.

It is often compared to ginseng, which I did take many years ago but never really had much luck with. Some people use Rhodiola to treat severe anxiety and panic attacks.

According to

many, the changes it causes in brain chemistry help to reduce pain and nerve symptoms in fibromyalgia patients. I took the supplement for a few months, under the belief that it would take that long to work.

Unfortunately, I did not experience any relief of my fibromyalgia from this supplement, even after raising the dosage, which was not the best idea. I was somehow under the impression that the product was side effect free.

I had not experienced nausea or stomach upset with it, which is the side effect I get from 99% of supplements that give me any problems. While I did not notice any difference in how my fibromyalgia felt, I did ...

• get some slight increase of energy and mood benefits from it, which showed up only after taking it a month.

I continued taking it in the hopes that eventually the effects on the illness would show up too. When I increased the dosage, I did not think about the product having a stimulating effect, which was kind of stupid, since I was experiencing more energy from it.

I am sure that the odd coincidence of a new coffee machine had something to do with the problems I experienced a couple of weeks after upping my dose. Everyone in the house was in love with the new single-pod coffee maker and of course we had all different flavors to

try.

I am normally more of a tea drinker, but this was new and fun and everybody just drank coffee all day until the “newness” wore off. In addition to irritating my bladder to the point I thought I had an infection, the extra caffeine from all the coffee interacted with the Rhodiola, and caused me to have heart palpitations and nervousness to the point that my hands were shaking.

It frightened me, and since I had not gotten any new benefits, I just gave up taking it. If nothing else is helping your fibromyalgia, then by all means try this– it’s a good brand so if it’s going to work, this brand will do the trick.

Just don’t drink much coffee with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418041467320230/k2311a0418/4.18.11