Fiber Choice Sugar Free Orange Medley chewable 90 ea  » Health  »
  • If you don’t get enough fiber from your food, you have to consider a supplement
  • When these tablets are on sale, I like to buy them as backup
  • I highly recommend these as an option for supplementing your fiber, which most of us need to do with the Western diet we are eating

• by reviewabit

I try to take fiber supplements on a regular basis for several health reasons. I am diabetic, and the fiber helps to control and sustain even blood sugar. I have irritable bowel syndrome, and the fiber helps manage both constipation and diarrhea symptoms. It’s also good for your cholesterol.

If you don’t get enough fiber from your food, you have to consider a supplement. There are a lot of them out there, and I have tried many. There are some that are very good and even enjoyable– but I get bored easily so I tend to change around my products when I want something new.

One brand that I have been using on and off is Fiber Choice chewables. They are sugar free, so there is less risk of spiking my blood sugar, and they are pretty affordable. Taking a chewable tablet beats drinking fiber sludge any day, although there are some liquids that mix clearly, to be fair.

When these tablets are on sale, I like to buy them as backup. This orange medley is one of my favorite flavors for chewable fiber. Instead of just one flavor, there are three in the bottle– orange, tangerine and strawberry orange.

All three are nice, but my favorite is the strawberry ...

• orange. These do not have to be taken with tons of water like some fiber products. In fact, you don’t have to take any water, which means they can be portable and you can take them anywhere and anytime you need to.

If you liked SweetTarts as a kid, these are sort of like that, but without the tart. They are not chalky, dissolve easily and taste good. Since I have been taking fiber regularly I have fewer flare ups of my IBS, my cholesterol is lower and it is easier to stabilize my blood sugar.

It’s just a general health insurance measure that gives

great benefits. I would much rather take a fiber supplement, which has no side effects except sometimes a gassiness when you first start taking them (this later goes away) than to have to take more medications with serious risks and side effects. Several prescriptions I took for both IBS and cholesterol made me intolerably sick.

Although fiber is a slow working choice and may not give you instant results, it DOES give results, and they will be consistent, natural and long term. I highly recommend these as an option for supplementing your fiber, which most of us need to do with the Western diet we are eating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418041467250230/k2311a0418/4.18.11