House of Blues Chicago  » Entertainment  »
1.0
329 North Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60654
  • The lighting is dim so it is not the best for pictures
  • I dropped and lost so many things, if Cody Simpson was not my favourite artist my time would of been so much more miserable than it was

• by swim4evr09

The House of Blues in Chicago is a concert venue. We went to see Cody Simpson, Greyson Chance, Camryn and Shayne Harper there in concert. There was a VIP meet and greet before which we also went to. This venue as a whole was pretty bad, atleast for this concert. They put us in at the small stage, if our concert would of been at the big stage that they had downstairs this would of been a lot safter.

Inside the lobby is really small. It is nice and cool looking. The lighting is dim so it is not the best for pictures. There are cool drawings and pictures posted all over the wall, it kind of reminds me of an indian tribe colours that they used. That was cool. But for the amount of people the big stage could of held I am not sure for bigger concerts how all of the people

fit because our smaller concert was pushing it to way beyond capacity.

The venues security was also completely horrible. They were rude, mean, scary and did not solve any problems that went on what so ever. So we had VIP’s which means we got in this small stage venue upstairs first. It had a main floor and then balcony seating above for a few levels. The main floor was general admission. When everyone came scrabbling in after the VIP’s the pushing was terrible. They did not have any constrictions of who or what could be on the main floor. We started out in the middle of stage in the very front row and got pushed all the way to the right, literally almost past the stage. It was absolutly horrible and every act the pushing got worst. I dropped and lost so many things, if Cody Simpson was not my favourite artist my time ...

• would of been so much more miserable than it was. People were passing out left and right. The secuirty would not control the crowd and whenever they tried all they would do is yell right in my ear since we were upfront. It was very poorly organized and I was surprised a cat fight did not break out. The security was very rude as well. Since we got pushed the security guard was blocking our view of the stage for half the concert. So my video from the concert includes half the security guys head, great! This one security guard got all rude with me. People were pushing me super hard and I felt my shoulder tremble and hurt really bad and I was under a lot of arms. So I sharply flung my arms out to prevent my shoulders from getting dislocated and I pushed back from where the pushing was coming
        from. He yelled at me yet it was not me who was pushing! It was our spots that were being taken over. It was ridiculous. Absolutly horrible. They also had a couple of bars surround the place. The drinks during the concert were ridiculous prices. Four dollars for a bottle of water! No wonder so many people were passing out, hot, crowded, and could not afford a bottle of water. Great. I was surprised I did not pass out.

Toward the end they started giving away free water, just in cups. That was the least they could of done. All the workers at the venue were rude. I am not sure how much better the concert would of been on the larger stage because the crappy security would of been the exact same. I probably would not come back here unless they decide to get better security and have more safety procedures in play.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5918041467020230/k2311a0418/4.18.11