Salon Selectives get in shape hair mousse  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • Recently I decided to try Salon Selectives again and purchased their get in shape hair mousse
  • I thought this would be a very good product for my long curly hair which tends to get quite unruly no matter what kind of weather it is exposed to
  • I paid $3.99CDN plus tax for this hair mousse, which isn't expensive but given how this product didn't work I should have left it on the shelf

• by Melissa Glenn

I have been an on again off again of Salon Selectives hair care products in the past. When they re-did their packaging and contents a few years back I did not get good results with their products. Recently I decided to try Salon Selectives again and purchased their get in shape hair mousse.

This Salon Selectives product advertises itself as a shaping mousse. I thought this would be a very good product for my long curly hair which tends to get quite unruly no matter what kind of weather it is exposed to. I had to admit the packaging of this

hair mousse was quite attractive, a bright pink can with the lettering Salon Selectives done in white, followed by the words get in shape in smaller lettering. It was the directions on the back of the 150gram can that really sold me on this particular hair mousse. Hear in box format detailed directions are given on how to best get this hair mousse to work for my hair. I was sold.

I paid $3.99CDN plus tax for this hair mousse, which isn’t expensive but given how this product didn’t work I should have left it on the shelf. First of all,

• no matter how long or how hard I shook this canister of hair mousse, every time I depressed the nozzle and squirted some in my hands it came out pure liquid! All the other hair mousse products I have ever used over the years have always come out like thick foam that froths up. This liquid was so wet and runny I literally had to catch it between two hands and very quickly rub it through my very long hair.

Not only was Salon Selectives get in shape hair mousse a big liquid mess, it was also a very wet mess!

This hair mousse or should I say liquid weighed my wet hair down to the point it was completely flat, even though I have very curly hair. Blow drying didn’t help much either, my hair was so wet from this mousse that it would take forever to dry and then it would dry all funny, like half flat half curly. This is the worst hair mousse I have ever used.

I don’t know what Salon Selectives were thinking but this get in shape hair mousse is the worst thing I have ever used. The only palce for it is the trash can.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118041466870230/k2311a0418/4.18.11