The Fox Theater Oakland, CA  » Entertainment  »
1807 Telegraph Ave Oakland, CA 94612
  • The first thing that I love about the Fox Theater is the size
  • I should start with the beginning of my experience at the Fox Theater
  • I have an out of state license and typically get hassled a bit by bouncers before entering clubs but had no problem at the Fox Theater
  • The parking surrounding the Fox Theater is actually not as bad as I thought that it would be
  • I have had two great experiences at the Fox Theater and I highly recommend it

• by Intensify

I recently visited the Fox Theater located in the Uptown area of Oakland, CA for a concert. It is the second time I have been to the Fox Theater and I must say that I really do like this venue for seeing musical artists perform. The first thing that I love about the Fox Theater is the size. It is just small enough that there really is no bad seat in the house yet big enough to fit a good amount of people.

I should start with the beginning of my experience at the Fox Theater. The lines at the front door were not bad

at all. I did not have to wait long at all either for security nor for the ticket checkers. I was in within minutes because they had enough people working the doors to move things along quickly. Coat check was also very quickly. It only cost two dollars. I did not get hassled about my ID which was surprising. I have an out of state license and typically get hassled a bit by bouncers before entering clubs but had no problem at the Fox Theater. I purchased a general admission ticket which meant that I was on the ground floor. I was initially very worried that I would be packed into a mosh pit of violently dancing bodies, but this was not the case. Instead, there was a good amount of space for viewing and for dancing. I was able to get a clear view of the performer and have enough space to dance even though there were a lot of people. I love that even the bottom floor has levels. There is a huge area right in front of the stage. Right behind this is a slightly elevated area with a completely clear view. Behind this is a final elevated area where the bar is located. I ...

• The Fox Theater Oakland, CA
      also like that there are enough bars located throughout the venue that I never had to wait long to be served. There is also an upper deck at the Fox Theater, but I did not purchase tickets for this level so I can’t really say how crowded it was, but the view looked pretty spectacular.

The parking surrounding the Fox Theater is actually not as bad as I thought that it would be. There is a small parking lot just one block away from the theater as well as a few other lots within a two to three block distance. There is also parking on

the street if you are lucky enough to find it. I was unable to park in one of the closest lots but easily found a parking spot on the street and only had to walk three blocks to get to the theater.

Overall, I have to give the Fox Theater in Oakland, CA a rating of a 9 out of 10. This is a great venue to go see live music. Again, I had no bad experiences waiting in any long lines or being packed too tightly into a big crowd. I have had two great experiences at the Fox Theater and I highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5918041466800130/k2311a0418/4.18.11