Armour Turkey Meatballs  » Food  »
  • I found these last night at one of our local grocery stores for around $3
  • These were $3 and the hamburger was a little over $4 for one pound (I, unfortunately, picked a night when the store didn't happen to have the hamburger on sale)

• by Review Vigilante

Product Description: Bag of seasoned meatballs from the Armour brand that are made out of turkey rather than beef. I found these last night at one of our local grocery stores for around $3.

What I liked about this product: The main reason I ended up buying this product was the price.

I have seen plenty of other meatball brands that run around $6 for roughly the same quantity and appreciated finding one

that was about half that price.

Even more important was the fact the meatballs were even cheaper than a pound of hamburger; my other option for meat for my spaghetti dinner I was making.

These were $3 and the hamburger was a little over $4 for one pound (I, unfortunately, picked a night when the store didn’t happen to have the hamburger on sale).

When I saw these were made out of turkey,

• I was concerned they would have a taste that I wouldn’t enjoy.

However, the meatballs weren’t much different than regular meatballs in terms of flavor and, once they were in the sauce, there was no way to tell the difference.

What I didn’t like about this product: I have this complaint about the regular Armour Meatballs too but these were a bit on the small side for me.

On one hand, they weren’t

too bad for what I was using them for.

But, I wouldn’t buy them for some of the other dishes I would make simply because they wouldn’t be big enough.

I would like to see Armour come out with larger meatballs for around the same price.

My Final Opinion: If you don’t care about the size of the meatballs, these are actually a pretty decent substitute to regular beef meatballs; both because of the taste and the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2718041466530130/k2311a0418/4.18.11