Hunt’s Garlic and Cheese Pasta Sauce
  • I try to avoid canned or jarred spaghetti sauces and prefer to make my sauce from scratch simply because most brands require me to add a ton of stuff to them anyway
  • And, if I'm going through all the work, I might as well make it the way I prefer it
  • I was able to buy two cans of it (which I need with everyone in my family eating) for less money than I would have spent on one jar of another well-known brand that I know wouldn't even give me the same quality

• by Review Vigilante

Product Description: Can of spaghetti/pasta sauce available in most stores for around $1. 50 per can. This particular variety puts an emphasis on the garlic and cheese that is mixed into the tomato sauce.

What I liked about this product: I try to avoid canned or jarred spaghetti sauces and prefer to make my sauce from scratch simply because most brands require me to add a ton of stuff to them anyway. And, if I’m going

through all the work, I might as well make it the way I prefer it.

This brand, and this particular variety, is one of the few exceptions to that. I made this last night and the sauce was actually very flavorful.

I didn’t even have to add any of my own spices or cheese to it and it was very similar to what I make from scratch. Also, it’s hard to argue with the price ...

• of this product.

I was able to buy two cans of it (which I need with everyone in my family eating) for less money than I would have spent on one jar of another well-known brand that I know wouldn’t even give me the same quality. In fact, when I went in the store, I actually intended on buying Prego until I saw these were half the price.

What I didn’t like about this product:

This is actually a small complaint because, overall, I did enjoy this purchase. However, there were a few bites of this sauce that tasted like they had a bit too much garlic in them.

It was very sporadic, however and not something I had with every single bite. My Final Opinion: This sauce is well worth any money you spend on it.

Chances are, you’ll save money over other brands and will get much more quality from it than you expect.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2718041466390130/k2311a0418/4.18.11