Destination Truth TV Episode: Thai Tree People/Ayia Napa Monster
2.5
  • In addition to that, you also had the element of danger in this episode that kept things interesting
  • That did make the episode somewhat disappointing in my opinion
  • But, overall, I don't think this was one of the better episodes from this series
  • And, as a result of that, I don't think I would recommend it

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: Josh and his crew travel to Thailand in search of a half-human, half-plant creature that the locals claim to have seen in the jungle. The second investigation has them traveling in search of a sea monster. What I liked about this episode: There are times when the show doesn’t manage to catch any evidence (this was one of those times).

But, even when that happens, the show still manages to be entertaining simply

because of the little things that give it such a personal touch. For example, prior to the investigation, one of Josh’s staff members jokingly handcuffs him then realizes the key doesn’t work.

The montage that follows (featuring a bunch of strangers trying to get him free) was hillarious and not something you would expect to see on a reality show like this. And, of course, you have some of the things you expect to ...

• see on a weekly basis; including the crappy car and lost equipment at the airport.

In addition to that, you also had the element of danger in this episode that kept things interesting. This included poisonous snakes, large spiders and a cave that almost killed Josh Gates.

What I didn’t like about this episode: I’m not sure if it was my imagination or what but the investigations seemed to be cut short by quite

a bit. This was especially true of the Thai Tree People part of it.

They walked around the jungle a bit, explored a cave and that was about it. That did make the episode somewhat disappointing in my opinion.

My Final Opinion: There were some moments that are memorable (like the handcuffs). But, overall, I don’t think this was one of the better episodes from this series.

And, as a result of that, I don’t think I would recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1018041466280130/k2311a0418/4.18.11