St. Ives Timeless Skin Facial Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • I noticed that this time the scrub was not as abrasive as the Invigorating Apricot Scrub that I am used to
  • I like to use it when I feel that the sides of my nose are getting rough, or when my skin looks dull
  • It did work for me and it did not cost me a lot

• by asg

I just ran out of my St. Ives Invigorating Facial Scrub, so I went out and looked for a replacement tube. In my searching, I saw the different types of St. Ives’s Scrubs and being the usual curious person that I am, I wanted to try again something new. So I was looking through the different St. Ives products and finally settled for the St. Ives Timeless Skin Facial Scrub with AHA.

I got a nice tube that holds 6oz of the product for about $4. I was really enticed with the ingredients and the premise that I could get fresh skin from the AHA content it has. So far, Alpha Hydroxy acid is used to micropeel the skin so that new skin can emerge and the old, dulled, dry skin will slowly but surely peel off. This is actually a good idea for St. Ives to come up with since they are in the business of producing scrubs, so what else is there to improve it? I

liked the fact that I will be kind of “double” scrubbing my face, because of the apricot scrub and the AHA doing its own thing with its micropeeling properties.

The tube is great because it is an upside down tube with the twist cap on the bottom so it could stand up in my shower room. I use it underneath the shower so that I could use it on my face and body. I noticed that this time the scrub was not as abrasive as the Invigorating Apricot Scrub that I am used to. It probably contains less scrub than the usual. The scrub also had a lighter feel to it. As opposed to the other scrubs, this one felt like it had smaller particles and more liquid. This kind of feels like a facial wash that contains some scrub, but it is better than the other facial washes with scrubs in the local market. I think that they did this for a reason. If this product has AHA ...

• as a main ingredient, then more scrubbing particles would probably hurt my skin because AHA alone can cause some sensitivity. It is somewhat creamier than the usual Apricot Scrub, but the grains are lesser. It does have a weird AHA scent (kind of fruity-ish, smells like stale fruits) to it but it does not bother me too much.

So far I only use it 3-4 times per week as indicated. I like to use it when I feel that the sides of my nose are getting rough, or when my skin looks dull. I like how it feels like a thick facial wash with some scrubs and it does not hurt my skin a lot when I use it. Rinsing it off is not like pulling teeth; it is easy and quick, but it does not leave my skin dry. After wards I follow with my usual night cream. I don’t have greasy skin when I wake up in the morning and I have never had any allergic

reactions or rashes from the use of this product.

I like this product because it is effective and the grains are just right. My skin looks alright so far, nothing miraculous has happened to it, but I like the fact that my skin feels really soft and smooth right after I use this scrub. It feels like I am refreshing my skin every time I use this product. I did not break out or felt like my skin got too dry or irritated with the use of this scrub. Again, if it says 3-4 times a week, it should only be used 3-4 times a week. And it also contains AHA so it will make the skin more sensitive to the sun; meaning it can get burned easily. I use a moisturizer with SPF to prevent this from happening.

I am happy and satisfied with this product. It did work for me and it did not cost me a lot. This is effective as long as it is used properly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118041466131230/k2311a0418/4.18.11