Nature’s Blend Melatonin 3mg 60 tablets
  • After looking online about the pros and cons of using melatonin as a sleeping aid, I decided that occasionally, it’s well worth the risk
  • Improves my resistance to diseases, I think it’s because it forces me to rest and rebuild

• by Delonix Regia

There are times when I can sleep early and that is very rare. After looking online about the pros and cons of using melatonin as a sleeping aid, I decided that occasionally, it’s well worth the risk. So I decided to try it. However, it’s hard to find melatonin in lower doses.

The good thing about Nature’s Blend Melatonin is that it’s in tablet form. I could cut it in half or smaller and take a portion. I couldn’t care less about the exact dose, because I was just trying it out. It just had to be smaller than 3mg. The first dose that put me to sleep in 20-30

min was about a quarter tablet. Two weeks later I needed about a half.

However, these less than 3mg doses only worked for me if I was really determined to fall asleep. It was completely useless when I took it and did something else “while waiting for sleep to arrive” (or for the supplement to take effect).

One day I took a full 3mg dose because I felt like I was on the verge of having flu and was determined to rest. After 30-40 minutes it knocked me out and I woke up 8 hours later, feeling slow brained, but my joint pains and headache and other symptoms of the impending ...

• flu were gone!

I took another full dose when I was fine because I had to sleep early and wake up early and the smaller doses weren’t that effective anymore. The effect on me was the same: great feeling, physically, but a little soggy-brained for the first hour after waking up.

Melatonin did not give me nightmares like what other reviewers have experienced. If I took lower doses, I was more alert in the morning. But it was so easy to develop a resistance to this and I started taking higher doses. The good thing is, if I let it rest for a while and not use it, the lower doses

can make me fall asleep again.

What I like: 1. Tablet can be cut, I can take lower doses as long as I’m determined to sleep 2. It did not give me nightmares 3. I can rest when I need to 4. Improves my resistance to diseases, I think it’s because it forces me to rest and rebuild.

What I don’t like: 1. Difficult to find smaller doses 2. Effects are easy to shake off and develop resistance 3. Waking me up earlier than 8 hrs after taking a full 3mg dose turns me into an irritable monster 4. My mind becomes a little slushy after waking up from a 3mg-induced sleep

Will I take it again? Yes, but with care.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418041466101230/k2311a0418/4.18.11