Safeguard Blue Bar Antibacterial Soap
1.5
  • I have a huge respect for Safeguard soaps and I know that this has been a family soap for all these years because of its antibacterial properties
  • They all seem like industrial cleaners in my opinion
  • It does make a very clean, squeaky clean experience
  • I have noticed that continuous use of Safeguard Soap can make your skin really, really dry
  • He is not as vain as I am but even he noticed that his skin is not getting any younger and the soap is making it more noticeable

• by asg

My husband recently bought a bar of Safeguard Soap in Blue. I have always used Safeguard as our family soap in my mom’s house because she trusts the brand and also for the anti-bacterial properties it has. This has been in the business for years now and people trust the brand. A single bar of the big Safeguard Soap costs only around $1, and it is a huge bar with nice grooves to grab when taking a nice shower. The blue variant has a strong scent and it is more likely to attract men in buying it because it smells like men’s perfume.

I have a huge respect for Safeguard soaps and I know that this has been a family soap for all these years because of its antibacterial properties. It also lasts longer than

the usual bars of soap that I have used so it’s great. It is also not as expensive compared to the other antibacterial soaps like Dial. However, I really do not like the strength of the perfume they put in the soap. I mean the perfume is great and all, there are lots of varieties for the fragrance, but in the end they all do the same. They all seem like industrial cleaners in my opinion. It does create a lot of lather and it is easy to bubble it up and rinse it off. It does make a very clean, squeaky clean experience. But it does take a toll on your skin. I have noticed that continuous use of Safeguard Soap can make your skin really, really dry. I have peeling hands and feet because ...

• I have been using Safeguard a lot; even if I used lotion it still is not enough. Even if it claims to remove bacteria that cause pimples or body odor, how could I use it when my skin gets so severely irritated because of the dryness that it causes?

When I bought Vaseline and Dial antibacterial soap, my husband immediately made his Safeguard blue our hand washing soap. He made that switch because even he feels that his skin has become so dry from using this soap. I must admit every time he took a shower the shower room smells really fresh and clean because of the perfume. However, if it takes the moisture out of our skin, then the soap must be changed. He is not as vain as I am but even he noticed that

his skin is not getting any younger and the soap is making it more noticeable. Even in the winter cold months, our skin gets worst when this is the soap that we use. I feel that this has very harsh ingredients not very good for the skin to be used for a long time.

I feel that somehow, Safeguard has to reformulate their soaps because it is very harsh to the skin. Maybe they could add more moisturizers and lessen the perfume they add? I feel that every time I use Safeguard I am scrubbing away with industrial and household detergents because of how it feels on my skin. It makes my skin very dry and abrasive. I am not so happy with this product and I am glad to have switched to a different soap brand for my body.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118041466031230/k2311a0418/4.18.11