Burt’s Bees Rosewater and Glycerin Toner 8.0 oz
  • I love Burt’s Bees and I have used a lot of their products
  • I bought this bottle thinking it would be a good compromise for my skin
  • I have noticed a slight difference in the past few years in my skin
  • What I thought would be a perfect summer toner actually turned out to be more of a perfect winter toner
  • I would recommend this product for people with dry skin– it is no good for combination or oily, but it is a good product over all

• by reviewabit

I love Burt’s Bees and I have used a lot of their products. I like to use a toner in the summer. I have combination skin, and sometimes it is just nice to stop and freshen up during the day.

A nice toner makes you feel cleaner, cooler, and often helps to remove some of the excess oil that can build up in the summer, especially if you live in a hot humid climate like the South. I bought this bottle thinking it would be a good compromise for my skin.

I have noticed a slight difference in the past few years in my skin. While it is still combination skin and gets oilier

at the forehead and chin area, it is a little drier than it used to be.

I used to use (and still do sometimes) Sea Breeze as my toner– but it is a bit harsh, so I have been gravitating towards gentler products that don’t strip oils quite as aggressively. This rosewater and glycerin based toner seemed very soft and cool and nice when I look and smelled of it.

The scent is beautiful and light, and is very refreshing when I feel hot. What I thought would be a perfect summer toner actually turned out to be more of a perfect winter toner.

After using this a few times in the summer,

• it was obvious that I had gone too far in the opposite direction. While it is gentle, fresh and feels nice and cool, it is also a bit sticky and oily.

It really is for drier skin– much drier than mine is, at least in the summer. After using it I noticed that within a few minutes my face felt oily again, and one day I even broke out in a few pimples.

This is not what should happen when you stop mid day to refresh your face!

The slight sticky feeling was annoying too, and it left a little bit of a film on my face. As soon as I would get hot

again, even just a little, I would feel like I needed to wash my face.

I shelved the product and waited until winter to try it again. For the winter, it acted like an entirely different product— but of course it was my own skin that was different.

Much drier and able to take more lotions and less cleaning, the rosewater toner now worked quite well. Although it still left a tiny bit of a film, it didn’t seem to create the “rebound oiliness” that I had experienced with it in the summer.

I would recommend this product for people with dry skin– it is no good for combination or oily, but it is a good product over all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3415041465930530/k2311a0415/4.15.11