Dove Revive Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena 2.6 oz  » Health  »
  • I have used Dove deodorant sticks in the past and I think they are great
  • I like the Secret lines of invisible deodorants, but the Dove brand seems to be really gentle on my skin and I like the last couple of fragrances I bought of theirs
  • When I bought a pomegranate scented hand sanitizer on impulse, it turned out to be one that I really liked, much to my surprise

• by reviewabit

I have used Dove deodorant sticks in the past and I think they are great. I like the Secret lines of invisible deodorants, but the Dove brand seems to be really gentle on my skin and I like the last couple of fragrances I bought of theirs. The revive products are especially nice because they don’t roll up into little balls under my arms and they don’t rub off on my clothes.

The last time I purchased one it was the pomegranate and lemon verbena scent. I never knew I was a fan of pomegranate until recently.

liked, much to my surprise. I think the tart shock of drinking pomegranate juice when it first became all the rage was what made me think I didn’t care for it.

Since I was now officially ok with pomegranate, I gave this scent a try when I was shopping for a new deodorant. I uncapped it in the store and although I sniffed quite a few, both from Dove and other brands, I kept coming back to this one.

I am not normally one for tart scents, and this has to be described as very tart and summery, but since I now have some fragrances that will match up with it, I bought it.

• I used it the next day with my pomegranate lotion (which I bought to match the sanitizer– I definitely have a theme thing going on lately!) And the two scents went well together.

Although this one is a little brighter with the lemon verbena added, I liked it. It sort of made me think of a berry lemonade type of smell.

Like the other Dove solids I have used, this one performed beautifully. I had no underarm wetness or odor when I used it, and it lasts all day with no need for reapplying.

I like the texture of it. It is very smooth and never irritates my skin even if I have just shaved.

I have

used the products that Dove makes specifically to not irritate shaved skin– and they work– but this one actually works just as well, which is impressive given that it has a pretty strong scent. The only little thing with this one is that it doesn’t really go on invisible.

You can see it, but it does stay smooth and does not wrinkle up or roll into disgusting little balls so I can deal with it not being perfect. Even though it is slightly visible, this is really only after you just put it on.

After a couple of hours it is invisible. I think this is a great line of products and I highly recommend them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3415041465870530/k2311a0415/4.15.11