Kawai K3 Upright Piano  » Electronics  »
  • It turns out it’s one of the best choices I’ve made with my daughter for her life time piano journey

• by happymoon

After two months of market research I finally bought home a brand new Kawai K3 Upright piano from a group purchase at a price of $6000. It turns out it’s one of the best choices I’ve made with my daughter for her life time piano journey.

My husband and I compared second hand Yamaha u3 and brand new Kawai K3 in different resellers.

Since these two are very popular options for a budget within $4000 - $6000, we narrowed down our search scope from the very beginning. My daughter continuously showed preference to Kawai K3 for its bright and clear sound that performs very well for fast songs that young kids favor. We later found out this was due to its revolutionary lighter design of the action parts (made of carbon fiber) that let players to play tremendously fast and effortless. They named the new technology Millennium III Action. I was impressed.

Kawai K3 also has a a silent system that has been very useful to my family. To switch to silent mode, you just need to step down the middle pedal and lock it to the left. After ...

• Kawai K3 Upright Piano
      that, no matter how hard you play, the sound you make will only be in low volume that won’t reach out of the room. With a baby in the house, this feature saved us the hassle of balancing schedules between an 8 year-old and 1 year-old. For a 15-year old Yamaha U3 with silent system, the selling price would be similar to a
      new Kawai K3. You can see the good value of money we spent on the new Kawai K3.

Kawai K3 pianos are all manufactured in Japan. Be sure to check the “made in Japan” stamp on the back of the piano when it’s delivered. Make sure to keep its warranty and certificate in a safe place in case you find out any problems with the piano later on.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1615041465590430/k2311a0415/4.15.11