Canus Goat’s Milk Moisturizing Body Wash, Orchid Oil 33.6 oz  » Health  »
  • When I was with friends at a mall, we came across this Canus line of bath products and one of my friends said she liked this one the best, because it smelled like Orchids
  • My dear friend was confused over the issue until I finally proved to her, via Google, and the ingredients list of the product, that it had an added artificial fragrance and the smell was not derived from the orchid oil
  • This win annoyed my friend, but I was the one who ended up purchasing the product– we all spent so much time sniffing it and trying to determine what exactly it smelled like, that I started really liking it, orchid or not, and I bought it
  • I would definitely recommend this line of products and especially this very non-orchid smelling one

• by reviewabit

I got into a silly argument over this product. I might not have tried it if not for the argument. When I was with friends at a mall, we came across this Canus line of bath products and one of my friends said she liked this one the best, because it smelled like Orchids.

The product does contain orchid oil… but orchids actually generally do not have a fragrance. They are one of a few flowers that are just for looks, not smells.

I know because I grew them for years. My dear friend was confused over the issue until I finally

proved to her, via Google, and the ingredients list of the product, that it had an added artificial fragrance and the smell was not derived from the orchid oil.

This win annoyed my friend, but I was the one who ended up purchasing the product– we all spent so much time sniffing it and trying to determine what exactly it smelled like, that I started really liking it, orchid or not, and I bought it. That’s pretty typical for me!

So, although it does NOT smell of orchids, it has a nice, fresh, light floral-green type of smell.

It is a moderately ...

• natural product– meaning it has some chemicals but not the worst ones in the eyes of natural product fans. There is no sodium lauryl sulfate or other sulfates listed.

It is not tested on animals, but obviously it does contain animal products. (Milk) Because of this, it doesn’t have quite as much lather to offer as mainstream brands.

It does a pretty good job of foaming though, all things considered. I’ve certainly used worse.

You don’t necessarily need lather to get cleaned properly. The product is relaxing, comes in a fun container, and leaves skin feeling soft, not dry like many high

detergent formulas can.

The lipids from the added orchid oil act as emollients. For the price, you do get a very large container, and the pump on it works so well that when it was empty, I refilled it with a shampoo that I liked but that did not have its own pump.

When that runs out, I will probably find something else to put in it, because it is just a perfect size and shape and works flawlessly and smoothly, giving large amounts with each pump. I would definitely recommend this line of products and especially this very non-orchid smelling one.

(I couldn’t resist. )

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3414041465430330/k2311a0414/4.14.11