Secret Flawless Crystal Clear Gel unscented 2.7 oz  » Health  »
  • Unfortunately, the packaging and dispenser method were almost identical for this product as it was for the soft solid
  • It was definitely clear, but clear does not always equal invisible
  • I probably would not buy this again, as I think the invisible solid would have been a much more practical choice

• by reviewabit

I am a huge fan of Secret products. I use the invisible solids as my staple deodorant product. One day I was shopping, and happened to be thinking about wearing a particular sleeveless dress that would require an invisible underarm product. Although I had some invisible solid at home, it had a strong scent, and one that would not match the new cologne I had just purchased for summer.

I might have gotten away with wearing it with a dress that had sleeves, but I felt it was too risky for a sleeveless and suddenly the idea of anybody being able to detect that I was wearing deodorant was oddly embarrassing. On impulse, I bought

this product. Being a gel, no one would see it.

Being unscented, no one would smell it either. Being Secret, I felt confident that it would work well. I had used soft solid deodorants from Secret before and had mixed feelings about them.

I was hoping the gel would be less messy. Unfortunately, the packaging and dispenser method were almost identical for this product as it was for the soft solid. It was obvious the first time I turned the clicking base of the product and saw the gel peek up through the holes on top.

I wiped the thick gel onto my armpits, wasting much of it on the container, and immediately felt how sticky it ...

• was. It was definitely clear, but clear does not always equal invisible. There was a wet shine to the product that actually made it look like I had soaking wet armpits! This was definitely not the look I was going for, and I wondered if I wouldn’t have been better off with the invisible solid in an unscented.

For whatever reason, I chose the gel. It feels cold going onto your skin, and seems to take forever to dry. Once it did dry, to my relief, it was not shiny anymore.

I made a mental note to start getting dressed early on the day I was going to use it. As far as performance, it worked great

like most Secret products do. There was no odor or wetness while I wore the product.

Like most soft products, it did not seem to last as long as a solid, and by the time it was empty, the container was a mess from the gel rubbing all over it. I probably would not buy this again, as I think the invisible solid would have been a much more practical choice. I can’t really think of any benefit this product would have over the invisible solid, unless maybe your skin was too damaged to rub the solid on, but if that were the case you probably shouldn’t be wearing a product at all.

Anyway, it’s effective, but terribly impractical in my book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3414041465420330/k2311a0414/4.14.11