Careline Lip & Cheek Tint Berry Red  » Cosmetics  »
  • I decided to try out this Careline Lip & Cheek Tint which was in Berry Red
  • It only costs P80, it's the cheapest lip & cheek tint I know
  • It's in a small bottle, I think it's also the smallest lip tint in the market, and it can fit right inside my pocket and anywhere even in my smallest purse
  • While using this lip tint, I also noticed that it dries my lips
  • It's good that it doesn't need reapplication after eating or drinking but I don't like its smell and its taste and it can also be drying to the lips so I really needed a lot of moisture when I used this

• by autumndreamer

I decided to try out this Careline Lip & Cheek Tint which was in Berry Red. It only costs P80, it’s the cheapest lip & cheek tint I know. It’s in a small bottle, I think it’s also the smallest lip tint in the market, and it can fit right inside my pocket and anywhere even in my smallest purse.

So Berry Red is very red literally. I think it’s too red for me. I have tried a lip tint before that has the right shade for me which is a mix of red, pink, and orange so it looks very natural on my lips but I think this Berry Red looks too red for my lips. I only use this on my lips. I also sometimes use it on my cheeks but depends on my mood. Whenever I use it on my cheeks, it gives off a red glow, the blush color is red. It looks good but I use a better blush color on my cheeks. I use a blusher that gives off a pink color. So I really don’t use this Berry Red lip

& cheek tint on my cheeks always. Having a red glow on my cheeks make my face appear too made up and I don’t want that. As much as possible, I want everything I put on my face to look natural.

So I just use it on my lips always but I am not satisfied with its color. It appears too red. Even if I apply a little amount, it appears too red on my lips. So I just really blend it well to decrease the redness. Somehow, the redness fades by the time I get home at night so it looks better and natural. Another good thing from this lip tint is that it also stays on lips even after eating and drinking. Even after I drink or eat, I don’t have to reapply this anymore. I only apply this lip tint twice a day, one in the morning and one at noon. But no matter how many times I drink or eat, the lip tint can’t be washed away easily which is good.

About its fragrance, I don’t like it. I don’t like its tastes and ...

• the smell. It doesn’t smell bad but I just really don’t like its scent. It smells and tastes like a strong poison to me. I don’t like the way it tastes like. Its taste is strong and I really don’t like it.

I used this lip tint for like 2 months before the bottle emptied. My mother used this too. When she ran out of lipstick to use before going to work, I lend her this lip tint as a substitute for a while and she really liked it. It’s like she was amazed with this lip tint but I was not. Personally, I still prefer Ever Bilena’s Lip & Cheek Tint than this one, they have a more natural-looking color than this. But my mom was really interested in this lip tint. She told me to buy another one of this for her. She liked using this.

While using this lip tint, I also noticed that it dries my lips. Of course, I think any lip tint or lip stick can dry the lips but of all the lip tint or lipstick that I’ve tried, this one

dries up my lips the most and the fastest. Even I don’t lick my lips or even I exfoliate and put a bunch of lip balm the night before, this still dries up my lips. So I really have to exfoliate and moisturize my lips more to prevent it from chapping any further.

So in general, I’m not really amazed with this lip tint. It’s not bad but it’s not good either. It appears too red and a bit unnatural for me. It’s good that it doesn’t need reapplication after eating or drinking but I don’t like its smell and its taste and it can also be drying to the lips so I really needed a lot of moisture when I used this. I think the satisfaction about this lip tint depends on different people but personally, I think there are way better lip & cheek tints than this one. But if you want a really affordable lip & cheek tint that is less than P100, then this is for you. And besides, I think this is worth trying for because it’s only 3ml. I think it’s not a waste.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114041465220330/k2311a0414/4.14.11