The Rising by Brian Keene book

• by autumndreamer

I am very fond about the idea of zombies and the zombie apocalypse. I absolutely like anything from games, books, or movies about zombie apocalypse. I just became a big fan of Brian Keene. I think he’s a genius when it comes to this genre.

The Rising is about the fight to survival of a father named Jim, an ex-hooker named Frankie, and a preacher named Martin in the zombie apocalypse. The world was overran by zombies. The book starts out with Jim who was at a cemetery. He managed to escape the zombies and was desperate to find his son in New York.

Along his travel, he met the preacher Martin. They went together. Martin decided to tag along to Jim and help him find his son. They were captured by the military but when they escaped, they met Frankie who was an ex-hooker. Now, all three of them were on a quest to find Jim’s son despite all the zombies and challenges that may come in their way.

I admit this is the first book I’ve read that didn’t make me feel bored in any part of it. From start to finish, it was exciting. It was just a bit frustrating that it has a cliffhanger ...

• ending. I have to read the next book which is “The City of the Dead” in order to know what happened next and if he ever found his son. Anyway, the whole book is full of excitement! I love every part of it. In every situation there is suspense. At first I was a little bit disturbed at the parts where it is too much gore, violence, and brutality. It is kind of disturbing at first when I read parts like “rotting eye sockets filled with worms”, things like that. Well, of course I got used to it as I go on with
        the book. But the rotting, the explosion, the tearing, and the ruining of the human body parts were very much in detailed. I actually began to think Brian Keene was a bit sadistic. There’s too much gore and violence in it. Too much blood, too much flesh. This book is definitely not recommended for children or for younger teens. There are also a lot of bad words and subjects that are not appropriate for young people. But after all, this book is definitely great in satisfying my zombie apocalypse imaginations. It is recommendable for people who are also fans of this genre. You won’t be disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1714041465110330/k2311a0414/4.14.11