CVS Gas Relief Chewable Tablets Extra Strength Peppermint Creme 18 count  » Health  »
  • After I paid for the product, I opened it and chewed two tablets
  • When I met friends for dinner, and ended up eating a rather large meal, I was happy to find that the symptoms did not return
  • I would recommend this for all users of Gas X who want a comparable product that works just as well and will save them money

• by reviewabit

When I was out shopping one day, I got a rather unexpected case of gas pains in my upper and lower intestines that was quite miserable. I knew it was gas by the way the pain moved around, and I did not have anything with me at the time to remedy it. I stopped in to a CVS store and looked to see what they had available.

I had used Gas-X before and it worked well, so I went straight to that section of the shelf. CVS did carry Gas-X, but it was a bit more expensive than I expected and I chose their own brand

instead, which has the same active ingredient as extra strength Gas-X (125 mg simethicone.

) It came in a peppermint creme chewable formula, and for 18 tablets, it was only a few dollars. Since my mom also uses Gas-X, she would probably be getting the left overs because it was rare that I had an attack like this.

After I paid for the product, I opened it and chewed two tablets. Although they were slightly chalky in texture, they had a pretty good taste.

It took awhile to get the remainder out of a molar where I chewed one, but over all it was fairly ...

• pleasant eating them. I got relief in about an hour.

The pains started subsiding quickly, probably within a few minutes, but it took awhile for it to get all the way to a comfortable level. After the hour, I felt fine.

When I met friends for dinner, and ended up eating a rather large meal, I was happy to find that the symptoms did not return. I used the product a second time a few weeks later.

I had eaten a lot of vegetables, and although I did not actually get gas pains, I knew I would– I was out of my normal Beano product

and this would have prevented the gas from starting. I took the CVS product as a preventative.

It worked. I never had a single twinge.

The rest of the tablets were passed on to my mom, who was interested in trying out a new brand, since she could save some money by not buying the Gas X brand every time. She was very pleased with the product as well and says she will be happy to switch to the CVS brand.

I would recommend this for all users of Gas X who want a comparable product that works just as well and will save them money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3413041464700230/k2311a0413/4.13.11