E.T. by Katy Perry featuring Kanye West Music Video  » Music  »
1.5
  • My problem with this music video is that it falls into the trap that a lot of music videos fall into these days
  • I think that a lot of musical artists just think that they are taking major risks by going the weird path, but I really do not feel as if this music video was well thought out

• by Intensify

I have to be honest. I was not a big fan of Katy Perry’s newest music video for E. T. featuring Kanye West.

My problem with this music video is that it falls into the trap that a lot of music videos fall into these days. It is way too “weird” for its own good. What I mean by that is that stars like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga are trying to create these music videos

that look super weird so that they can get popular.

They want to be so different that people will want to stare at them. It’s like bad traffic accidents. You can’t look away.

Maybe the concept is slightly different, but that is how I feel about Katy Perry’s music video for E. T. She looks strange.

The images flashing on the screen are strange. Why does an image of lions suddenly show up? I think that a lot of musical artists just think that they are taking major risks by going the “weird” path, but I really do not feel as if this music video was well thought out. It didn’t have any substance.

It didn’t have any plot. The entire music video just built up to Katy Perry kissing an alien who then transformed into some other weird creature. Kanye West’s rapping did not add much to the music video ...

• E.T. by Katy Perry featuring Kanye West Music Video
      either.

I won’t say that I did not like this music video because I did not understand it. I will say that I did not like this music video because it was just all over the place. I actually really do like the song itself, but the music video did not add any meaning whatsoever.

The visual effects are appealing so I guess at the very least, this music video is aesthetically pleasing. However, it

does not do much but look kind of cool. Overall, I have to give the E.

T. by Katy Perry featuring Kanye West music video a rating of a 4 out of 10. I would have liked to see a plot or some sort of relevance to the images on the screen as the music played in the background.

However, instead I got a mish mash of visually appealing images that did not make sense and I did not like it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1413041464590230/k2311a0413/4.13.11