Vampire Knight Yuki Cross Bracelet  » Jewelry  »
0.5
  • I think perhaps the large size is intentional because the Yuki character's is fairly large, but it is an annoyance
  • Since this is meant for kids (to 18) this might be an issue for the boney-wrist kids out there like her
  • But, I would only recommend it to those people

• by WendyBird

Vampire Knight is a shojo manga serial created by Matsuri Hino and features students, half of which are vampires. It’s become one of my favorite mangas because of the angst, the drama, and because of the subtle humor within the otherwise serious comic. Besides the manga and anime, there is an officially licensed line of toys and accessories available to buy. I’ve picked through them and bought a few for my daughter and myself (some just for myself!), and this bracelet is one that was meant for both of us.

The Vampire Knight Yuki Cross Bracelet can be found online at websites such as Amazon.com, eBay, or any fan merchandise website. I bought mine off of eBay for $12. Honestly, of all of the Vampire Knight toys and accessories, I find this one to be the most overpriced. The quality

is laughable, for what you pay for this bracelet.

This bracelet is styled like the one the character Yuki Cross wears to “tame” or stop Zero Kiryu when he goes into a bloodlust episode. In the story, it’s an ancient tool used by vampire hunters to tame vampires. For cosplay, this is a must have item because Yuki wears it always, as a Day Class student. It is a silver bracelet with a clasp close and the charm in the center is modeled with the design found on Zero’s neck. This design is etched onto a silver diamond shaped piece. The bracelet comes on a piece of cardboard with shrink-wrapped plastic holding it on. The presentation (packaging) just screams “Cheap!”, but the actual bracelet, in person, does not look as “cheap” as it really is. It’s nice and shiny ...

• and looks, from afar, that it is made of quality metal.

It is made of metal, but a really flexible and poor type. The charm, while I have not done so or even tested this theory out, appears like it would twist or bend if I really wanted it to. The links on the bracelet will open easily and I had to spend my time closing every single one tightly. But, one strong tug on the bracelet (like, if it gets caught on something), it will open itself and “break” again. It’s easy to get it caught on things because it is so much larger than my wrist. With a little more chain, it could be a choker. I think perhaps the large size is intentional because the Yuki character’s is fairly large, but it is an annoyance. It

will slip down to the fingers on my daughter and she has to use her thumb to keep it on completely. Since this is meant for kids (to 18) this might be an issue for the boney-wrist kids out there like her. It does adjust some, but for our wrists, it wasn’t enough.

It’s a pretty bracelet, and as I said, pretty essential if you cosplay. But, I would only recommend it to those people. If you’re just a regular fan who does not like to dress up like the characters and “pretend”, then shy away from this bracelet. The Rose bracelet is of better quality, or Zero’s tattoo bracelet because it is thicker. this one is just too poor quality for what it costs, and if I had it to do over again, I would not have bought it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4513041464430230/k2311a0413/4.13.11