Orly Nail Polish in Space Cadet  » Cosmetics  »
  • So when Orly came out with their Cosmic FX collection I got myself the entire set as I found it for fairly cheaper than retail for the whole set
  • I love glittery nail polishes and anything that says cosmic on them has got to be mine as I love space patterns and colours
  • I want to rubberize all my nail polish brush handles now as it is just so convenient this way
  • I definitely love the rubber brush handle
  • I would recommend people check this polish out at least once

• by shanjucool

I am a nail polish enthusiast and love trying and collecting nail polish of various types. I have never tried the Orly brand before even though I have been a nail polish addict for so many years. So when Orly came out with their Cosmic FX collection I got myself the entire set as I found it for fairly cheaper than retail for the whole set. I love glittery nail polishes and anything that says cosmic on them has got to be mine as I love space patterns and colours. So this was a no brainer for me and it was a chance to try Orly nail polishes.

First of all, I love the brush handle of the polish. It is rubbery and has sort of ribbed edges that allow the hand to grip the handle tightly and open the bottle

more easily. Why didn’t anyone else think of this idea before? It is perfect and makes life so much easier. I want to rubberize all my nail polish brush handles now as it is just so convenient this way. I definitely love the rubber brush handle. The brush itself was also pretty good and just the perfect size for my nail bed to apply it in three coats, centre and two sides. I am liking he Orly brand so far.

The colour of this particular polish is very interesting. It is a duo-tone nail polish, meaning it shine several different shade of two colours depending on how the light is hitting the nails. This polish is a duo-tone of a rosy purple pink and of a leafy olive green. It is the pink shade when close to the body away from light ...

• and green shade when away from the body and away from light. When hit by light however, it shines an orange-yellow shade. There are so many shades to this polish which makes it super duper interesting. It does apply a little sheer, but two coats of it and it is as good as opaque. The sparkliness definitely conceals the streaks and sheer patches on the nail when this applies though.

Now for something interesting. If you are someone who has missed out on MAC’s Venomous Villains collection and in particular their nail polish colour Mean and Green which came out with that collection and sold out very quickly, then this nail polish is for you. It is an exact and I mean an exact dupe for that polish. Maybe this polish is slightly more sparklier, in my mind that is better

as I like sparkly glittery polishes, but other than the extra sparkliness, this polish and Mean and Green are the exact same, even the duo-tone quality is the exact same as is how it reacts when into the light and away from it. So if you missed on Mean and Green, pick this one up while its still out there. It is definitely more available than MAC’s polish even though it was limited edition as well. I am glad I got this even though I have MAC’s polish as I love MAC’s polish and now I have a back up.

Overall, I love this nail polish brand and this shade in particular. I don’t like sheer polishes, but don’t hate this one as it covers up for itself with its beautiful colour. I would recommend people check this polish out at least once.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113041464310230/k2311a0413/4.13.11