St. Ives Cellulite Shield Advanced Body Moisturizer 18 oz  » Health  »
  • I decided since this was a much less expensive option, I would try it out and I even forced myself to buy two bottles, so that I would not give up after one
  • I started applying the thick lotion every night and although it was a little heavy, I found it comfortable
  • I definitely recommend this product, but I recommend that you do what I did and buy more than one bottle, to remind yourself to be patient

• by reviewabit

St. Ives is a good company that I remember from the early eighties when I used to try out their lotions and shampoos. I have lost a good bit of weight in the past year, and with my being in my early forties, my skin has shown some reluctance to go back to its old ways.

I have some cellulite on my thighs and bottom that I could really live without. I have tried a few expensive anti-cellulite creams and lost patience with them, or ran out before they could produce results and did not re-purchase because of the price or the fact that I was

skeptical from not seeing results.

I decided since this was a much less expensive option, I would try it out and I even forced myself to buy two bottles, so that I would not give up after one. When I first used the lotion, I was pleased to find that if I did not see results on the cellulite, I could at least use it for a regular body lotion, because it had a nice rich texture and smelled good, and left my skin feeling smooth and moisturized.

My initial impression was that it would make a great “winter” lotion. With a name ...

• like cellulite shield, I was not sure if it would do a better job at treating or at preventing cellulite.

Either way, since I was actively losing weight, prevention was a good thing too. I started applying the thick lotion every night and although it was a little heavy, I found it comfortable.

I didn’t see any effects in the first month or so. I had almost given up, and was well into the second bottle before noticing that my skin seemed smoother in the areas where I was using the lotion.

It was not a dramatic effect, but it was noticeable and not just my

imagination. The product does not remove fat or make you look thinner, it just redistributes the fat around the cellulite areas, making it look smoother and less like cottage cheese under your skin.

Although it does take a long time to work, the persistence is worth it, especially since it is a more affordable product that you can actually use long enough for it to work without going into debt. As a bonus, your skin will be well moisturized and look and feel great.

I definitely recommend this product, but I recommend that you do what I did and buy more than one bottle, to remind yourself to be patient!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3412041464290630/k2311a0412/4.12.11