Aussie Cleanse & Mend Conditioner 13.5 oz  » Health  »
  • I thought perhaps it was an alternative to shampoo, because a product like that can be very useful for dryer hair types
  • I found myself a bit skeptical about this claim, but since I actually do have a type of hair that fits the bill– normal at the crown area but with very dry ends, I decided to put it to the test
  • Although this is a great conditioner that does its job well, I cannot detect any special attributes that would cause them to consider this a “cleanse and mend” as opposed to just a “mend

• by reviewabit

I was a bit confused when I saw the label on this conditioner. I thought perhaps it was an alternative to shampoo, because a product like that can be very useful for dryer hair types. As it turns out, this is in fact a conditioner, to be used on clean hair after washing it. Supposedly, it is “smart” enough to target the dry areas of hair that need the most conditioning, and rinse cleanly on the less dry hair.

to the test. If nothing else, I figured I could use it as a light conditioner. It has a really nice, fresh smell.

I tried it after using a regular shampoo, and not my two in one shampoo which I had been using for some weeks. I wanted to see exactly how much conditioning I got from the product. When I worked the conditioner through my hair, it felt sleek and silky, and immediately took all the tangles out.

This was a good start. The smell was wonderful- fresh, sweet and fruit-like. I used a bit more conditioner than I probably needed to, but I was enjoying it!

After drying my hair, without ...

• any additional product, I took a good look and feel of the texture.

All of my hair was conditioned well and felt soft and silky. I did not have any frizz and the ends of my hair seemed pretty smooth. The crown area, or the more oily area I should say, was also silky and well conditioned.

I could not tell any difference in how the conditioner performed between the two areas. Basically, my hair looked and felt like it does with any good conditioner. I waited to see if the difference would show up after using it for several days.

I noted that by the time I was due for another shampoo, the crown

area was starting to look a bit oily, which was normal, and not really a reflection of the conditioner since it did this even if I did not use any conditioner at all. In a few days, I made a final judgment call. Although this is a great conditioner that does its job well, I cannot detect any special attributes that would cause them to consider this a “cleanse and mend” as opposed to just a “mend.

” If you like the smell of the product and want a good conditioner, it’s an A+ product, but it does not “cleanse” your hair in any way. Your shampoo will appreciate knowing it has not been made obsolete.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3412041464210530/k2311a0412/4.12.11