ULTA Ultimate Volume Shampoo 10 oz  » Health  »
  • I bought it on the same day I purchased some Ulta hair spray
  • I have combination hair, and I found that it did dry out the ends just a bit, but I remedied this by using a good conditioner and leave in treatment after shampooing
  • Instead, it has what I found to be a rather bland lemony kind of smell, which was boring to me, but not unpleasant
  • I would definitely recommend this shampoo- especially for people with thin and oily hair

• by reviewabit

I have thinning hair near my crown, that showed up in my late thirties and has gotten worse since I turned forty one. I have tried many volumizing shampoos and various treatments and some have been very good– which has prompted me to keep trying every new one I find so I don’t miss a good product that might be even better. When I was shopping at Ulta, I picked up a tube of their Ultimate Volume shampoo to see if it would be as good as some of the salon brands I have used.

I bought it on the same day I

purchased some Ulta hair spray. If I had known how awful the hair spray was, I probably would not have braved the shampoo.

Fortunately, the shampoo turned out to be a much better product and restored my faith in the Ulta brand. This shampoo is probably best for oilier hair.

I have combination hair, and I found that it did dry out the ends just a bit, but I remedied this by using a good conditioner and leave in treatment after shampooing. The top part of my hair, the “oily” portion, tended to look very good when using this shampoo.

...

• It does add some volume and shine. I would put it on par with Nioxin as far as how well it volumizes, but it does not have the same minty-clean tingle as the Nioxin products.

Instead, it has what I found to be a rather bland lemony kind of smell, which was boring to me, but not unpleasant. I just thought the scent would be more appropriate for dish washing liquid than shampoo.

On the bright side, it is light enough that it doesn’t linger, so if you use a conditioner or styling products that smell good, it won’t interfere with that. After

using the shampoo for a few days, I had to switch to a gentler one for awhile, because of the really good cleaning ability of the product– it was actually making my scalp itch and feel dry.

I still think it is pretty impressive for fluffing up your hair and giving it body. Some “harsher” cleaning shampoos only make it flat and dry rather than fluffing the strands.

Whatever the formula was for giving body, they knew what they were doing. I would definitely recommend this shampoo- especially for people with thin and oily hair.

That seems to be who this product was designed most for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3412041464190530/k2311a0412/4.12.11